We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Plane

West Midlands
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Sea Plane

Hi Everyone,

Am off to Vilamendhoo next week, am very, very excited. We are flying with First choice and have managed to get our luggage allowance increased to 33kg. I think the sea plane limit is lower than thst. Does anyone know what it is and how much they charge for any excess.

Thanks

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Plane

Hi

Seaplane allowance is 20K but if your hand luggage has wheels they will count that too, $2 per Kilo excess, so not a fortune

regards susie

West Midlands
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Plane

Thank you. don't have to be worried about having to pay out hundreds of pounds like I would if it was in the UK!!!!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Plane

Hi Nel

The immediate thought is that you have far too much baggage for a Maldives holiday. I strongly advise that you go through it realistically and throw out all the things you won't need shoes for example .If in any doubt give us a list and we'll tell you what to dump

Regards

Doug

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Plane

Hi Nel

if you really wish to take 33Kg of luggage am more than happy to take your place and pay excess cost for you.

Other than that, unless you are travelling before or after to other Destinations, i would trim down.

The Pilot might wish prove that you have trimmed but hey you would make his Day showing him ;-)

West Midlands
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Plane

Trust me, hardly any clothes in there already, mostly diving equipment!!!!!

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Plane

Hi nell

i can get all dive equipment which includes 5mm wet suit and clothes in 20K only if going wreck or cave diving and i need big torch do i go over

regards susie

West Midlands
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Plane

Oh dear, must be doing something seriuosly wrong!!!

8. Re: Sea Plane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 17:16