Hi I am new to this forum and would like some help in selecting an island for our next maldivian holiday. We have already been twice to reethi beach and throughly enjoyed it but would like to see something else. Our requirements are quite simple.-
- price range up to €5,000 for two people for a week
- good reef reachable from beach not by boat
- not interested in diving sites, diving centre etc., we snorkel
- beach quality is key, we do not want a bungalow with no beach in front. So we look for an island with good beach allround or for a combination island+type of bungalow which avoid this risk (for instance I understand that deluxe villas in Filitheyo are all in nice beach area)
- quiet and relaxing definitely no club type
On these basis - leaving reethi beach aside - we have selected:
- as first choices: angaga, filitheyo
- as backup:vilamendhoo, makunudu, eriyadu, komandoo (although those walls look awful), .
Does anybody feel like giving some inputs or suggestions?
many many thanks