We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree vs. Mirihi vs. Bodu Hithi

Chicago
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Banyan Tree vs. Mirihi vs. Bodu Hithi

I would like to thank everyone first for providing such wonderful insight and knowledge into the never ending research project called "Picking an Island for our honeymoon - Maldives Edition"

We love to scuba, snorkel, chill, and enjoy a 5 star barefoot luxury experience which these three resorts provide. The problem is which one?

FYI - Over Water Bungalows are not that important to us. As always thanks for the feedback.

Ryan - Chilly and Snowy Chicago

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree vs. Mirihi vs. Bodu Hithi

mirihi, don't even think about it. bodu hithi is too built up. banyan tree, again, too many rooms and lack privacy. Mirihi is amazing. Also check out lagoon villas of coco palm dhuni kolhu.

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banyan Tree vs. Mirihi vs. Bodu Hithi

Bodu Hithi is very built up and a bit glitzy. We didn't rate it at all. The rooms are amazing, and it's definitely luxurious, however it's not barefoot luxury or Maldivian style. It's impossible to walk around the island as there are two sets of water villas and a restaurant and pool breaking up the island. Banyan Tree is gorgeous. Yes, it's a small island and there are quite a lot of rooms, but it's very special. I haven't been to Mirihi but I want to go. However, like you we're not bothered about water villas and there are only 6 beach villas. It means you have to book very early if you want to secure a beach villa.

Chicago
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree vs. Mirihi vs. Bodu Hithi

Thank you for all the help. This brings us back to our initial decision of either Baynan Tree or Mirihi. The difference in price for a week holiday is only about 1K USD

Any other motivating comments for either Mirihi and or Banyan Tree would be greatly appreciated.

I also found out that Banyan Tree's Velaa boat is not available during the festive season, does Mirihi offer an overnight/liveaboard safari?

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Cheers,

Ryan - Dreaming of warm sand beneath my feet

4. Re: Banyan Tree vs. Mirihi vs. Bodu Hithi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 01:18