We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

Hi - I have narrowed our trip down to these two resorts for our anniversary trip in March.

We've never been to the Maldives. The package price I've gotten for each is fairly close so price is not a factor.

The rooms at Beach House just look fabulous and are larger, but the facilities and activities at Anantara seem more plentiful. Beach House is newer but it's also alot farther from Male than Anantara.

Anyone been to both? one or the other? or work as a TA and know how to compare these two?

We are doing 10 nights, 5 on Beach and 5 overwater.

Thanks!

Kathi

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

definately manafaru

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

azurelagoon -

Are you a Travel Agent or have you been to either of these resorts??

Thanks,

Kathi

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

No, I have been to other resorts in the Maldives, but not these. I researched Anantara extensively for our honeymoon last year, found many flaws, and Manafaru reviews are very good so far, it is a very beautiful island.

My limited knowledge on Manafaru is sufficient to choose it over Anantara. Here are some of the concerns about Anantara:

1) Poor snorkeling, you need to take a trip out with the boat to snorkel

2) Ugly views of nearby islands which are all cluttered together

3) Beach and the bottom of the seafloor is full of broken corals, so you can't walk barefoot comfortably.

4) Lagoon way too shallow at low tide

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

Azurelagoon-

Thanks!

We had been heavily leaning towards Beach House and I think you helped confirm that.Being first timers to that region makes it really hard to choose.

Kathi

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

no problem. Enjoy it! Maldives is by far the most beautiful beach holiday destination in the world.

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

By the way, further from Male, the better as it gives a much more hideaway, remote place which fits the description of "Out of this world" or "Paradise". Also sent you a PM.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

Actually one of the 'cons' I had about Beach House was that it was a longer commute shall we say? :)

But as I read on here, further north can be better. We're going to give it a shot anyways.

Thanks-

Kathi

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

Hi Arubagirl - my family and I are going to both The Beach House and Anantara (7 nights at each) at the end of March. Have you considered going to both resorts? The Maldives is such a long trek that staying on 2 islands per visit is something we have done twice before. The transfer from island to island is a bit of a drag as you have to return to Male and then transfer out again. But going all that way, why not experience a bit of both islands?

If I had to choose one, then it would be The beach House, which although has a longer transfer, is brand new and looks fab.

Whichever you choose, have a great time.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

MaldivesDreaming-

Thanks for your response. I think 10 nights plus air from the US in high season is all we can afford unfortunately. Otherwise, I'd love to split it up. I figure there are many more years to go back and try others.

Since you are going to both so soon, would you mind emailing me with pictures and your thoughts of both when you return? We aren't going til 2009.

I will PM you my email.

Thanks -

Kathi

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach House Manafaru vs. Anantara

No Problem. We return on the 14th April and will send you some info thereafter. I've got some menus from both resorts if you would like them?