We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Palm Resorts

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Palm Resorts

Hi,

Am thinking of booking one of the Coco Palm Resorts for our Honeymoon in late Sep 08.

Can anybody who has been advise us on the following:

1. Coco Palm Bodu Hithi V Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu

2. The value of the Lagoon Villa over the Island Villa.

3. Half Board V Full Board

4. Septembers weather in the Maldives

Your help would be very much appreciated in aiding my task of picking the perfect honeymoon.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Palm Resorts

Dhuni Kolhu is their original, very naturally beautiful isIand. Fantastic snorkeling, and very beautiful lagoon, and extremely well preserved in terms of nature.

On the other hand, Bodu Hithi is unnatural, very built up, and more chic, ultra modern at the expensive of losing its natural beauty. I would never go there, we saw it from the seaplane, everywhere on the island is built. But I can highly recommend the lagoon villas at Dhuni Kolhu.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Palm Resorts

Thanks for the advice.....It seems that you strongly dislike Coco Palm Bodu Hithi ??

I feel torn between the 2......One minute i think that Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu seems more true & authentic, but on the other hand the accomodation doesn't look as great as the more modern Coco Palm Bodu Hithi.

Whats your take on the accomodation & if i was to choose Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu. Is it a good idea to experience both the beach and the lagoon villa. Say 7 nights in each ???

Thanks

Nathan

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Palm Resorts

I just replied in another post to Jane who asked:

"Has anyone recently been to Coco palm, we are visiting for a week on the 18th February and would like to know if it is worth upgrading to a water villa."

Jane, your question is the easiest question I have EVER come across in the forum. Definately upgrade if you can afford it! We've had our honeymoon at CP lagoon palace suite (now called sunset lagoon villa) last year in February. And looked at beach villas when we were there as well. There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference between beach villas and lagoon villas of Coco Palm. Their price being more than double gives an idea... You will love CP!

So I recommend just lagoon villas at CP Dhuni Kolhu. Preferably the sunset lagoon villa. Or 1 week at another resort:

Mirihi, Huvafen Fushi, Soneva Fushi are some good choices.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Palm Resorts

Thank you for your advice....

Very much appreciated.

Cheers

Nathan

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Palm Resorts

You're most welcome, Nathan.

By the way:

3) Half Board or even Bed & Breakfast. We always prefer BB as it gives us flexibility and it usually turns out cheaper as well. We love dining on the deck of our waterbungalow.

4) September can be rainy, no-one can predict, the safest months are Feb. and March, followed by january. So if you must go in September, then go, paradise is paradise even if it rains on it.

6. Re: Coco Palm Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 04:18