We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rats? what to do

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Rats? what to do

I have been rather alarmed about recent reports about rats at Komandoo (see last review, of 6 February: "Did see a few rats though, the one that we had hanging out of our roof with blood dripping onto the decking was not a pleasant sight first thing in the morning!" re JBV). We are off to Komandoo - and yes, staying in a JBV - in less than 2 weeks and this has rather taken the shine out of it. So, to get a grip on myself and my overactive imagination, any suggestions what to do if one encounters a rat? Any suggestions welcome (practical tips and humorous ones)!!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rats? what to do

ran out of Tiger? thats enough to cancel the trip never mind the rats!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rats? what to do

Not ran out - they don't serve it as part of AI any longer. They serve Carlsberg and San Miguel. According to Silva its all to do with cost due to the dollar exchange rates. He also said that lots of islands have stopped serving Tiger on AI. You can get it in cans/bottles, but have to buy it.

I was gutted!

Sounds like Tiger need to get a Maldives rep out there to sort it out......any takers?

Ian

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rats? what to do

Im only 12 weeks away from going to Sun so i will have a word!

whats the world coming to eh? loll

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rats? what to do

Pipling,

.....you honestly had me going there until I read the bit about the "wings"!!!!I was actually believing you about the giant wheels....can you believe that?...it was funny though.Thanks for cheering me up.

I have decided I am not going to think anymore about it. I actually paid the remaining money due for the holiday today, so the countdown is on. Now to start the diet and visit the sunbeds a few times and get in some shopping for all my new clothes.......now that is another subject again. I will probably have lots of questions for all you experts on what to take with me......come to think of it are rats attracted to any particular colour? LOL!!!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Rats? what to do

Hi Maryjo

I think over run on Huvafen Fushi is an overstatement they tend to just lay about but as long as you tread carefully.........:-))

Regards

Doug

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Rats? what to do

...you are all terrible......you will be telling me next that there are even more water rats!! We are booked into a water bungalow.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Rats? what to do

water rats ? thats another subject lololol

London, England
Level Contributor
183 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Rats? what to do

Maryjo enjoy the trip. The preparation is part of the fun. Take as little as you can, it will be hot and use your own snorkelling gear. I'm going to Filitheyo in May...counting down the days!

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Rats? what to do

..well it will be so different this time as our suitcase is always "very heavy" and I always take too much, especially shoes. I suppose I won't be really neding shoes this time, especially the kind I normally wear in the evening....so you reckon a couple of pair of flip flops would be suffice? .....oh nearly forgot..will need to watch out for those lazy rats lying around. I don't want to stand on one, especially ina pair of flip flops!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Rats? what to do

thank you thank you thank you - that's exactly the kind of response I was hoping for!

I am a firm believer in humour as a way of dealing with irrational fears, and this has worked wonders - and saving me money on therapist, better spent on following up some of teh practical advice (taking a cat etc).

Thanks, Ian, for tip about the Brit will bear this in mind. Cannot wait - 8 days to go!