We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

going in 20 days and have got my tickets !!!!

ooooh its seems close now !

just wandering if you can take snacks with you on the plane hand luggage? Mainly for my little boys (15 mths & 3 yrs old) for when they get to airport after the long night flight. Just stuff like biscuits incase they get peckish.

Also what about drinks ? my little un still has formula baby milk and will need one in the early morning - is it ok to take this in the hand luggage.

And finally . . . do first choice hand out free water to drink ? or will I have to pay ? (I usually fly schedule so expect everything free !!)

Worsley, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

Hi Deedee

We flew to Marrakech from Manchester at easter and they were confiscating all drinks at security (including sealed CapriSun juice drinks, water, coke etc.) A family in front of us had tons of stuff taken off them. They were allowed to take crisps and bicuits through but all the liquid was taken away. Having said that, you may be ok with baby formula.

They have also relaxed the one bag rule.

The stupid thing is that once you get through security you can buy water, drinks etc. and take them onboard. (money making venture for the airports perhaps.....)

I was also allowed to take a lighter through as long as it was in the little plastic bag.

Each airport has it's own restrictions so it's best to check their website.

The Manchester site is -

manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/S…

Have a great holiday.

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

Hi

biscuits, crisps and chocolate things like that are no problem its the fluids it has to be 100ml or less in a clear plastic bag, check with the air line about baby formula i think you will be ok with that but check to be certain

regards susie

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

I have read on manchester airports website and it seem you can take upto 1 litre of fluids per person, in which each item must be 100ml.

However if bought the water/baby milk from say, Boots after the security I can take it on board as long as its not been opened.

Where can I get these clear plastic bags from ? do they have them at the airport checkin desks ?

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

most airports are ok with baby milk etc but they may just ask you to taste it to prove the contents.100ml rule applies still.LGW relaxed the one bag rule as from Monday this weeks

cfc

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

Hi Deedee,

If you go to www.manchesterairport.co.uk

Click on security, then on the right hand side there is travellers checklist, this should help.

it says nothing over 100ml,& several smaller items must total no more than 1 litre.

Sue

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

Hi DD

bags are provided at Man althouh there not very big.

Rumps

Spalding...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

We've been getting clear plastic bags with 100ml bottles in it from boots, and westgate house(co-op).....

We've bought them for things like moisturiser, sun cream, and then for holding other bits in before we go through security.....

Told at Boots it was the way forward now...

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

When we went in Nov, bought clear zip up pencil cases from woolies they did the trick,34p I think!

Sue

blackburn
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

wished i'd known that before weekend sue, went to marks and sparks sat and bought 3 clear bags in various sizes for 3.50.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can you take snacks in hand luggage (for the kiddies)?

Don't forget there is a size limit to the clear plastic bag so if you decide to buy one then make sure it isn't over sized. Also, all the 100ml bottles have to fit into the bag. As 1 litre is the limit I'm really not sure how they expect you to get 10 x 100ml bottles into the size bag they require...