We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Five Islands

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Top Five Islands

After Months of research I still can't decide which island to go to on my first trip to the maldives in June. I'm worried that time is running out and I need to be quick so I just wanted everyone to list there top 5 islands and maybe a brief description why, To help me make this really tough decision.

OK GO.................

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Five Islands

hi Missbondie.

Get the Bible it tells all about all the islands , you may be to late for June as the Maldives does get booked up, the Bible is the Resorts of the Maldives by Adrian Neville, tells all re food-- acomodation size -- things to do and so on.

Rumps

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Five Islands

There is still quite a few late deals around I just can't decide. I don't think I have time to get the book. But thanx

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Five Islands

1) Rania Experience - ultimate privacy, beautiful lagoon, yacht, etc. Waiting for the lottery and my mid-life crisis to justify going to this island.

2) Cocoa Island - amazing bluest lagoon, very good snorkeling, fantastic accomodation, especially the one-bedroom villas

3) Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu (Water villa) - very private, amazing lagoon, good snorkeling, swimming, natural and amazingly beautiful of the island

4) Mirihi - fantastic snorkeling and fish life, small romantic island, nice watervillas, reasonably priced for a 5 star

5) W Retreat - best in its category, very good snorkeling, the best water villas in the maldives. Oh, that deck! which we could only enjoy for 1 night.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Five Islands

I'm only going to put my top island as I'm still working my way through the rest :-)

We loved each and everything about....Mirihi we've done a review so all the whys and wherefores are in there.

Good luck but as Rumpole said you might struggle to get an island of choice now anyway, the best are booked up sometimes a year ahead.

5. Re: Top Five Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 07:21