We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiggy Has Survived!!

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tiggy Has Survived!!

This is just a quickie to thank all the TA friends who sponsored me for the Moon Walk in London during Saturday night.

What an amazing atmosphere, but it was hellish cold but very thankfully it did not rain, and dawn on Sunday morning greeted us with sunshine!!

The start was delayed by 40 mins. as some celebs were late arriving and nothing started until they were in the front line - there was nearly a major rebellion as we were getting hellish cold. Apart from a banging ear infection ( where did that one come from) and the resulting delly belly from the antibiotics so had to make at least 4 serious "pit stops" !! which involved queues for at least 15 mins each time (had hoped to do it in well under 8 hours but did not fancy doing the Paula Radcliffe bit!!!!) My lovely walking buddie Rina and I managed to cross the finishing line in 8 and a 1/2 hours - both knackered but un harmed!! NEVER AGAIN, it is heckish hard to walk throughout the night and you get a real low around 3am, but I have raised well over £1,400 for the Walk the Walk cancer fund.

Again, a really BIG thank you to all you brilliant folk, none of whom I have met, who gave me such support and encouragement.

Tiggy xx

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Well done Tigg

Told you it wouldnt rain.

Rumps

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Thanks Rumps, and I did not forget your special day!! Hope it was a good one.

Now, what the weather going to on ........................ your obviously have the knack!!!!

Tigs.

Ilkley
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Congrats - hope you got my cheque

Softail

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

.........Hi Tiggy... well done, haven't forgotten will get the cheque off to you soon..!

........Sorry you had to suffer so..!

........Such a worthwhile cause, as indeed they all are really..!!

.................well done again!!!!!!!!!!!.....

regards the DmM..x..

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Well done Tiggy

I knew you would do it, and what a great amount you have raised for such a worthwhile cause, you must be very proud.

Glenys

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Thanks for your cheque Softail, will be sorting out the sponsorship and sending it off to Walk the Walk, so it should show "out" of your account in the next few weeks. Thanks you so much again. And Hi Glenys, and DivineMiss. This is just such an amazing forum, and as I have already said, I have been really deeply touched by the support from people I have never met.

Feel really great that I made it, infact whatever aches we might have had on doing this walk, it is nothing compared to what people go through when they have cancer. On the thursday before we joyously and both sadly celebrated the life of a very dear friend who lost his battle, aged only 43, and leaving behind a lovely wife and four children. We all have to be thankful for life, good health and happiness - a turue and irresplacable treasure.

Tiggy,.

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

...........Tiggy, here, here to that.!....

...............We all sometimes take things for granted, and just dont know whats around that corner, we take our health for granted, and never give it a thought, UNTIL something like you (and I) have experienced, its tragic to lose someone at such a young age, and with family too!!

...............Will get chq off to you soon..!!

...................God bless and take care!!

..........................regards the DmM..x..

Bristol
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Very well done Tiggy! Had no doubts that you would do it of course, remember your phrase...........never say never again? :-)

Chris

ps Back from Komandoo late monday, will get round to a review soon, but all I can say, although it hurts me to say it - grits teeth - perfection! You were right.

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Hi blenny/Chris,

Knew you would love Komandoo, though I think the bar area on Vakaru was so much nicer - could sit there all day under the palms and read!!! Sad to think that the island is being pulled to pieces.

As fior "never say never", well on this one it is NEVER AGAIN!!

Done it, got the tee shirt, so on to pastures new!!!!!

Thanks again for you support, so much appreciated - and will sort out cheques etc over the week-end, and will let you know the total.

Take care, Tigs x.

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tiggy Has Survived!!

Softail, can you private m,essage me with your ful name - think I have received your cheque but need your "proper" name!!!! sorry!! My total sponsorship at tonight's date os £1542.50 ..... amazing!!

Tnaks, TIGGY.