We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Hi, I need some convincing that the Maldives really is as beautifull as it looks in those glossy holiday brochures, I never thought that I would ever get the chance to visit here in my lifetime, but thank's to the other half, she pulled the bunny out of the hat, and got a great price for the four of us to travel this July to South Ari Atol, please tell me we are going to paradise, I need to convince myself.

Cheers

Robinson Crusoe

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Hi Robinson,

The Maldives is not as beautiful as it looks in the glossy brochures....it is even more stunning than they can picture. I remember the first time I went... I stood in the most beautiful turquoise ocean I would ever see in my life and looked upon infinity...it was absolutely breathtaking in it's beauty yet so simple really, the ocean...the sky....the coral beach and very little else, even watching it on travel shows etc cannot show it's true beauty and none of it was man made...mother nature at her best....

You have nothing to be convinced about Marky....you'll adore it.

ML1

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

You dont say which island in the south ari but I can remember my first trip - Sea plane to sun island and sitting there looking at the islands below and the different shades of blue where the depth changed, thinking god it is as the pictures. Then opening the door of our beach bungalow walking out on to the beach and just going wow. Needless to say now hooked and on our 4th year each island is different and beautiful in it own way.

Sg

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Hi, we are going to Holiday Island, just a boat ride away from Sun Island.

Regards

Mark.

Herts
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

You have nothing to worry about or convince yourself about - it is the most beautiful place in the world and you will be so hooked you will NEED (!!!) to return just to be sure you weren't dreaming! Have a great time.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

It is Fantastic. We go to Sun Island, and have sailed passed holiday Island and it looks fab! I just hope the weather gods are kind to you!

Ilkley
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

I had to twist hubbys arm last year to take me and he would only go for one week. AFter two days I was trying to extend the holiday he loved it so much. Went bck this year for our 2nd visit and it is still as beautiful as the first time.

I really envy you the first glimpse of your island - it takes your breath away.

Enjoy

Softail

belfast
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Is it heaven on earth? YES

My missus persuaded me to go last year for our honeymoon. I only went to please her, and was convinced I would be bored out of my brains (las vegas is more me), however I was so surprised at how beautiful it was, how laid back it is, and so unspoilt.

We are in the process of booking again for this year. Well worth the money, go and enjoy yourselves.

I genuinely never thought I would enjoy myself somewhere like this, I cant explain how fantastic it really was

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Hi Marky

I can only echo all the above, i have only visited Holiday Island as we were staying on Sun Island but i thought it was beautiful, a lot smaller than sun but that does not detract from it at all, it will take your breath away, every time we go i am still gobsmacked by the beauty of it, we are due to go in 3 weeks for our 6th time and i cant wait, ENJOY

regards susie

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

Marky

YES YES YES it really is Heaven on Earth. When I wrote my review on Veligandu last year the title I gave it was "Did I die and go to Heaven?" There is nowhere on the planet that I would rather go and the days of thinking how lucky someone is to be going somewhere exotic on holiday are over for me forever ... unless they are going to the Maldives that is!!

You will fall head over heels.

Wid

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Maldive heaven on Earth?

I absolutely agree with all the above posts.

The Maldives are definately heaven on earth, with the most beautiful soft white beaches and the blue colours of the sea out of this world.

Brochures definately do not do the islands any justice whatsoever, and once you set eyes on your island you will see what we all mean.

Also the staff are wonderful, extremely friendly and warm.

One word of caution with regard to the Maldives, they are very very very addictive.

You will love your holiday and the betting is you will definately want to return.

Have a great time.

Glenys