We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Worries

Spain
1 post
Save Topic
Weather Worries

My family and I are going to Olhuveli resort next week, and having looked at the weather forcasts we are worried! it looks like Thunder Storms and rain for next two weeks!!! do we need waterproofs??? is this normal???

Any tips

Tony

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Worries

Tony

I would not worry too much about the forecast as it is normally for Male and the weather can vary quiet dramatically from Atoll to Atoll and island to island. If it does rain it is normally short sharp downpours and then dries up quickly. It is warm so weather you want water proofs is another matter most islands do provide umbrellas in rooms - it is the rainy season so chances of rain are greater but it shouldn't spoil your holiday

Below is a link regarding weather and a couple of good weather sites

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293953-s208/Maldives…

Sg

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Worries

Hi TonyPSpain,

Just came back 2 days ago from Bolifushi. I was as worried as you when looking at the weather forecast. But not even a single drop while we were there, it was strong 30 degrees in the afternoon, hot enough to make you tan!

Dont worry and have a good trip.

Maldives / Huvafen...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Worries

There is nothing to worry about it when it comes to the weather conditions in the Maldives, normally I am much happier if weather forcast says thunder storms, because it is always the opposite of what they say..LOL

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Worries

Hi Tony

Just got back last night, had a great 2 weeks, weather was brilliant one overcast day the whole time, it rained during the night and a couple of times at about 5 oclock for about an hour then back to sunshine, i NEVER look at the forcast before we go as there is nothing i can do about it and would not let it spoil my looking forward to the holiday as thats all part of it, don't worry and have a great time

regards susie

5. Re: Weather Worries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:15