We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Resort islands are easier to see and research. But where is the most beautiful desert island in the Maldives?

Have you been to such a desert island which simply blew you away, stunningly beautiful lagoon, lots of palm trees, perfect beach with the purest sand, fantastic house reef and abundant fish life?

And of course, how (from which resort) did you get there?

I hope this post helps us to locate the single most beautiful island of all among the 1190 islands. Especially those who've taken weekly cruises may help perhaps.

My input is the desert island of Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu.

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Okay, 190 of the islands are either inhabited or resorts, so that leaves us with 1000 islands to choose from.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

It all comes down to your idea of beauty - the picture postcard described above would have to have humans grooming it to make it look like that - natural uninhabited islands have lots mangrove and overgrown vegetation disturbing the sands - no one to clean away the dead stuff...

I think there is a couple of "uninhabited" islands maintained for tourist visits, to meet the western ideal of beauty, and resorts do day trips there...

So it is all about your definition of beauty is,,,all the islands are naturally beautiful,,,its just do you want pretty sands, palm trees and beautiful beach etc or the real thing,,,

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Hi Azurelagoon

Without any doubt for me the Soneva Fushi desert island which I've mentioned before for it's incredible lagoon with the most wonderful coral gardens 20 yards from the shore. There are two I haven't been to their other one and I can't remember the name but the marine biologist that's resident on SF knows which one

Regards

Doug

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Gathafushi

wikimapia.org/…2

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Hi Nakatcha

Thanks for that. Have you been there?? We didn't want to come off it when we spent a day there

Regards

Doug

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Yep, we spent two Valentine's days there. Bliss.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Kent Dougal,

just realised you might have thought I was replying to you with the name of the other Soneva Fushi desert island since you couldn't remember it - Gathafushi was the old Fesdu desert island.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

Hi Nakatacha

Yes I did confusion all round!

Regards

Doug

9. Re: The Most Beautiful Desert Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 23:16