We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Reading
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

With all the regular discussions regarding Maldives weather I thought it might be usefull to give the link to this webcam on Kuredo.

kuredu.com/community/kuredu-island-livecam.a…

As so often happens in tropical countries the high humidity can lead to weather forecasts that just show thunder storms and rain,when in fact it is bright sunshine. There is no better way to check the weather than being there and seeing yourself, but to save you the cost of a flight you can check on this webcam.

Of course the Maldives are spread over quite a large area so if it is sunny on one island doesn't mean it will be on all.

Today (Monday 4th Aug) we are in the middle of their rainy season but right now it is blue sky and sunshine!

Matt

Whitfield, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Hi Matt

I must be a saddo as I regularly check the weather.

Here is another webcam for Medhufushi on the Meemu Atoll which is near Hakuraa

http://www.wernerlau.com/maldives/webcam2.htm

Best regards

Tracy

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Hi Matt

Thanks for the info. Always good to have another source of weather info.

Hi Tracey

You are not sad at all. The closer Mrs D and I get to our next Maldives holiday (November) the more we observe the weather!

OD

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

........Hi there, I have not been able to 'view' the Wernerlau webcams for ages now, they just do not 'open', its a shame cos i am thinking of going to Bali next August and there is a link to their Webcam, and up to now, have only been able to view it the once, Sssoooo annoying, also the Dolphin base webcam is completely useless, OR is it just me...??

Mmmm i know its not allowed BUT at the moment and in the right 'time zone' cos they nearly 12 hours ahead, i am addicted to Castaway Island, Fiji, there webcam is wonderful and IF i time it right, i get to watch a beautiful SUNRISE, i know, i know, sad right!

But am starved of Blue sky and sunshine just now, ha ha, and as i cannot see ALL of the other webcams in Maldives ONLY Kuredu, i need a change!!!! (well, thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it..!!).

..........to anyone tripping of real soon have a wonderful wonderful time, (YOU WILL), enjoy and regards the DmM.....x

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Miss Divine you are not Sad at all, closer our Holidays get the more i log onto and in to live Webcams even Resorts/Islands we are not even going too.

In the Lav i have 12 Holidays Books and keep looking whilst seeing to Natures calling.

My lovely Wife fully understands what a Sado i am LOL

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

OOPS

Last Post Reads as if i am into Sado-Masochism LOL

I meant SAD-OH

Rumps do not even think about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Lifesaver

And I thought Mrs D and I were the only people sad enough to keep holiday brochures in the bathroom. Clearly we are not the only ones! Our particular favourite is the Kuoni one as it has world weather at the back - ideal for identifying hot parts of the world for our next holiday!

OD

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Officer Dibble

join the Club.

Kuoni the best One by far, and have even uploaded onto my Phone clips i am showing and boring everyone i meet ha ha.

Even the Punters whom i deal with on a Weekly basis.

On behalf of every Scroat that claims to pay my Wages many thanks for allowing me to go too the Maldives.

If only they were working and paying Tax then my Wages would be higher and i could go more often LOL

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

........ha hah a ha ha Lol...!

.............okay okay i take ya point, but i think 'saddo' has two 'd's, hee hee!!

If you say you're NOT then ur not!!

But it just cheers you up, on a gloomy day, looking at somewhere gorgeous and bright, even more SO if you are lucky enough to be actually GOING, quite soon! No chance of ever getting to Castaway Island Resort, Fiji, would have to save up for a long long time and go NOWHERE whilst doing it, no chance!!..?

Of course there is always Blackpool, BUT i used to live there from about the age of 17 parents moved to North Shore to run their own Hotel business, but now live down in Hampshire, but all family still up in the Northwest, any particularly tempting Webcams of Blackpool in the sun then...? Ha ha!!

Must confess tho had never heard of keepin ya Holiday Brochures in the Lav, and I see you are not alone in that, ha ha!!

..........keep it up, we need a laugh,,!! cheers and regards the DmM..

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

Now you've got me worried. I thought EVERYONE kept holiday brochures etc in the lav. We have all the current brochures ( and I make sure we keep up to date) AND the travel supplements from the papers. I think I know the H&J and Kuoni ones off by heart - not impressed with the new H&J one. What's all that about, quoting nightly rates??

Anyone know of anymore webcams? I check the weather daily on the Maldives Met Office site (I know... nothing better to do with my time...!)but would much rather watch the webcams.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maldives weather- a usefull webcam

PS: that's Maldive webcams, not ones in the lav.