We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations please!!!

West Sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
recommendations please!!!

hi, I am looking for the following in a maldives trip and was wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom

1.- good snorkelling, sealife, hose reef

2.- water bungalow with direct access to the sea

3.- good food maybe a bit of luxury

4.- quiet

i have been to Meeru thought the waterbungalows were fab but the snorkelling wasn't amazing and the food was above average but not great.

any suggestions?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations please!!!

What's your Budget, for how long?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations please!!!

sorry i meant to say 1 week, budget...not sure £5000, it depends if it's b&b less if it's all inclusive about this maybe a bit more depending on what's on offer...

West Sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations please!!!

£5000 for myself and partner!!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations please!!!

Hi abs,

For that budget, you could do a lot worse than look at either Mirihi or without wb's - Angsana Ihuru / Banyan Tree Vabinfaru, I have been to Mirihi & Ihuru and they offer outstanding diving/snorkelling opportunities, another worth mentioning would be Baros, not been personally but it has recently had a refurb to a high standard.

These are the obvious choices.

others to consider:-

Komandoo

Filitheyo

coco palm resorts (x2) both do water villas but not certain of prices as I have not researched these yet??

Regards

Emu

West Sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendations please!!!

There are a few on that list I have heard of, coco palms the water bungalows are very pricey, although the places look great. angasana an bayan tree keep popping up, maybe I am making too much of the water bungalow.

mirihi i haven't seen before and looks impressive as does baros.

I have been looking at Filethyo, and koomandoo, i have also looked at veligandu- you don't mention this?

who do you book through? id want a direct flight.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendations please!!!

Veligandu is a lovely island and has recently been refurbished it ticks all your boxes

regards susie

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendations please!!!

Hi Abs,

http://www.stylishresorts.com/Home.aspx

http://www.maldivesdirect.uk.com/

They are both good, maldives direct (Jim) I prefer, he uses Qatar/Emirates & Sri Lankan (who are flying direct from 09).

I was not sure if Veligandu has a great reef, have read not but cannot comment really.

Emu

8. Re: recommendations please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:21