We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in maldives?

china
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in maldives?

we want to go to maldives early feb.2009.

we prefer an island with:

1. water bungalow

2. great snorkeling

3. sea plane

which of the below is the best:

MIRIHI

REETHI BEACH

MEERU

FILITHEYO

VELIGANDU

ANGAGA

MEEDHUPPARU

ANGAGA

KURAMATHI

KUREDU

Komandoo

???

thank you!

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Hi freda welcome to the forum, of the islands you have short listed i would go for mirhi, komandoo, angaga and filitheyo but i think you will have a problem with availability so it may come down to what is available as opposed to where you want to go

regards susie

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Bernese is spot on with response... comparing all islands, but...

For me Mirihi stands out above all else.

Good luck in trying to book at this stage of the year though!!

Regards

Emu

china
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Thank you Bernese. Could you suggest a travel agent to me?

china
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Thank you Emu! Could you recommend a travel agent who has good chance to help me book Mirihi?

oslo
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Try

www.maldivian.com

german agent, but communicates well in english.

;-b

china
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in maldives?

when to book sea plane?

thank you for help from all of you. but i was advised that many of my preferred islands are fully booked. now i am trying to book kurumathi cottage and spa. We will arrive in male on the night of feb.02,2009 and will stay in male one night. we will go to the island on feb. 03. shall i book sea plane now or can i buy sea plane tickets at the airport on feb. 03? how freguent is a sea plane flying from male to kurumathi? is there any fixed schedule? i hear that some people wait for the sea plane for many hours.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Hi Freda

Transfers to/from islands are normally arranged by your travel agent/tour operator. If you book direct with the island, then they would normally arrange your transfers.

Transfers to Kurmathi are either by boat, which takes about 90 minutes, or by seaplane, which takes about 15 minutes. The seaplane transfers are operated by Maldivian Air Taxis and they only deal with the islands themselves or the tour operators/agents. You can't buy tickets yourself.

Seaplane schedules depend on the arrival times of flights coming into Male airport. So there are sometimes lengthy waits for passengers arriving on different airlines. However, there is a nice lounge/bar at the seaplane terminal.

OD

china
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in maldives?

HI,OD,

thank you for your advise. so we will book with our travel agent.

uae
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in maldives?

Hello Freda!!

Why don t you try Anantara It s a beautifull resort with 3 islands, around 30 min by speedboat from the airport, you will not need to pay for Seaplane, have a look on Anantara.com

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in maldives?

rakmi

freda1020 wanted a seaplane journey, it was one of her preferences for which island to go to, also anantara would be over the budget of the islands that she has shortlisted in her original post

regards susie