We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 3 teenagers

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with 3 teenagers

A friend of mine and her husband who also have 3 children aged 13,11 and 10 are looking at going to the Maldives in August 2009 for 10 days with a budget of £2000pounds each if AI but 1500pounds if B&B. They would like as much activity for the kids as pos, but also enough relaxation for themselves. Preferably with a kids club, if that exists in the Maldives.

Any Ideas???

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

Hi

Have a look at Bandos and sun island two of the best islands for kids

regards susie

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

Hi Scoobie

I echo Bernese's suggestions. Both islands seem very popular for people with kids. There are a nunmber of Sun Island enthusiasts on this forum so I am sure someone will post to either confirm or deny our suggestions.

OD

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

Sun Island

www.villahotels.com for info!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

Scoobie

My idea would be to book the kids into an island with a kids club and loads of noisy boisterous activities ... and yourselves into another!

Wid

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

......... hee hee Nice One Wid...!!

..........No seriously we took our two teen girls to Sun Island had a fab time, lots to do, but i tend to think that Sun Island is for the older child, whereas Bandos has the kids club etc.....!!

Did BOTH lots of activities and relaxation!!

Watersports on Sun Island was great, lots to do, girls learnt Water Ski and Wind Surf, had to pay for it of course, but now they have learnt new skills to take on other holidays, and cannot think of anywhere BETTER to learn than the beautiful magical Maldives!

This is only my opinion of course, I have only been to Sun Island up to now, girls say we cannot go back to Maldives without them, sssoooooo maybe, girls to Sun Island and hubby and I to Mirihi Island, ha ha!?

.........good luck wherever you decide!!....

................regards the DmM...x..x

they also met other kids of same/similar ages and hung around with them, playing table tennis, Pool, and other things!! Sometimes didnt see them for hours but knew they were safe and happy!!

Oh yeh and Sun Island has a Banana Boat, my lot and other kids went on it and loved it, Water Sports is far far away from the relaxation of any Beach so does not disturb ANYONE, its absolutely beautiful!!

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

Send the kids to Centre Parks with Grannie and you go to Sun island. although the island is big enough for you all and fits the bill and you wont see the kids all day either.

R

7. Re: Travelling with 3 teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 09:25