We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A novel set in the Maldives

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
A novel set in the Maldives

At the expense of revealing my profession, I just wanted to share with you all that I have recently finished writing my third novel which is set in the Maldives.

The story is a contemporary fairy-tale, so there are no dead bodies on the Maldivian islands :-) The striking beauty of the Maldives prompted me to use it as the background for this fairy-tale. And to write about it helped me greatly to deal with the post-Maldivian-trip depression, and transported me back to paradise.

So I just wanted to share with you that there is a storyteller out there, who himself fell in love with the Maldives, and attempted to put this beauty which we are all so mesmerized by into a novel.

And hopefully, the book will be dedicated to the beautiful people of the Maldives and to those who are in love with these magical islands...

(And no, this is not an advertisement message for my novel since it won't be published for at least 3 years as we will still wait for all the foreign editions of the first and second novel to be released.)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

I too wrote about 8 stories whilst in the Maldives, they where called....Postcards!! (:¬))`

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Surely you have been following lifesaver999's holiday diary ....... now this HAS to be published, it is one of the funniest and most observant pieces of writing I have read for a long time.

Are there any literary agents out there in the ether intested in making a buck of two??!!

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Rouseys Travels,

Yes, only my stories have been translated into 25 languages :-)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Thank you Tig xxxxxx

Azurelagoon any tips on getting me small episode into print and if it worth it would be most greatfully received. LOL

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Lifesaver

Try Mills and Boon.... mind you, you may have to simplify your plot a bit!

Wid

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

lifesaver999, actually mate, I do have a friend who is a producer and writer, mainly of jazz programmes on radio 3,, but I have printed off all your "diaries" and shall have a chat with him .... he might have some good ideas as I think your writings are hellish f unny, almost in the Sue Townsend genre, aka Adrian Mole!!

Shall pm you if I get any positive feed back.

Tigs.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Thank you Wid

was thinking along the lines of Barbra Cartland could miss out the imformation bits and just tell about Mrs' Lifesaver and i making love all Day LOL

Does J.K.Lifesaver have a ring to it i wonder ??

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

lifesaver999, indeed you are very talented. With this kind of work, I suggest you e-mail a query letter to ALL travel magazines.

Basically in a short paragraph describe what you've written, and mention how TA users encouraged you to submit these, and your wish to see these published, etc.

The query should be very short (half a page max.) and to the point (don't send any sample of your writing at this initial stage, but say it is available upon their request). I would e-mail this query to the relevant e-mail addresses which can easily be found on their websites and/or in the magazines themselves. A trip to a large magazine store would do.

Then, you should immediately start writing a book. When you finish that, we can again discuss how to get it published.

Hope these do get published, so that many more people can enjoy them.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Bless you Tig

and i have not even gotten to the best bits yet LOL The pace is about to pick up and all manor of incidents occur,and all i might add, true.

I have been told over the Years that i hold court very well and should write down how i see things and experiance them. With all these compliments flying around,it will not be long before my head is too big to get in my front door.

azurelagoon the Travel Magazine market is very limited and as i am only on Day Three with heaps already wrote and more to come i think One would be looking at a full edition or a series of which i do not think they would favour but i thankyou for taking time to reply

Kindest regards Guys

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A novel set in the Maldives

Sure, lifesaver999, I understand. But I think it might be harder to publish it as a book because of the subject matter.