We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

Hi all

The strangest coincidence of my life has happened to us recently, thanks to TA. No names mentionned of course but 10 days ago someone with whom I had been communicating with openly on the forum sent me a PM which I did not pick up until a bit later because I had been away all day on a course. After apologising for having been a bit slow responding and explaining why, it turned out that we have common interests workwise. After several more cautious PM's it turns out that we know each other and that the course I was on when I received their original PM was at their place of work!!! How odd is that!

This is absolutely true and is the weirdest thing that has ever heppened to me. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Wid

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

NO not really Wid

other than whilst last in the Maldives and chatting with a very nice couple, he told me that they always view TA and had seen some reply's by a now Famous Lifesaver, LOL and could not quite believe it that i was He in person.

Strange but true :-)

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

Lifesaver

There must be a few more stories like yours out there ... but I'd wager a bet that mine's the weirdest!

Wid

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

on one of the islands that we were staying on a lady came up to me and said she thought she recognised me, it turns out that she lived just a few minutes away from us and that i had been answereing her questions on TA prior to going away, small world !!!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

That's the sort of thing I wondered about - and there must be more still in the holding pen yet to be discovered.

Wid

5. Re: TA strangest twist - anyone else experienced similar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 19:20