We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats Happened

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Whats Happened

What the,

This Forum has realy gone slow, a few posts per day, where is everyone / regulars,is it the content of questions or is it just time to move on???? or is it the credit crunch blocking people from spending / going to the Maldives.

Rumpole

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats Happened

Hi Rumps

No, things aren't as they used to be are they? Several of the old regular posters seem to have disappeared ... mind you I am a bit hit and miss at the moment mostly through work (still it's good to be busy - long may it last, or at least 15 weeks anyway!) Also had to attend the funeral of an old school friend this week - truly awful. Carpe diem eh.

I think people may also be a bit depressed with all the financial woes at present.

Please don't move on. We enjoy your humour not to mention the advice you give.

Wid

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
866 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats Happened

Evening Rumps,

Could be the credit crunch, we have been toying with the idea of cancelling our maldives holiday in Mrach due to lack of funds. At the moment we can't face the thought of not going so we are hanging in there!! The posts don't seem as varied as usual as well, I do like lifesavers story telling, keeps a grin on the old chops!!!

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats Happened

Yes, Rumps, it is extremely slow. I noticed it and were wondering why. Haven't seen the forum like this for months!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats Happened

Retrofunk

Welcome to the world of cancel-wobblers. MaldiveVirgin and I have been been in this boat and are, like you, hanging in there. Things have picked up for us through sheer bl.... mindedness, hard work determination to the point that we think we will be ok. Stick with it - everyone needs something at the end of the tunnel. I attended the funeral of a good schoolfriend last week. She was 13 days younger than me. That says it all. Do it while you can. Carpe diem.

Best of luck.

Wid

lincoln
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats Happened

I'm still lurking!

Now I've been and prob won't be going again till 2010 if funds permit, the forum's not as adictive I'm afraid, but I still keep popping on and seeing whats happening.

Loving lifesavers story!!!

Em x

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats Happened

......Hi Rumps... I'm still here too, drop in from time to time reading whats going on, BUT not much at the moment...!!

.......Whenza your next Holiday then..?

........At home for Christmas, yes me too..!!

........Wish i was going away to Maldives, now or in the future, not going to happen tho, toooo expensive!

.........If i had a holiday booked I WOULDNT cancel!!

..........Hi to all, and happy holidays to anyone going away very soon, lucky devils..!!

..Wid, sorry to hear about your old schoolfriend, its a real eyeopener isnt it, when that happens, puts things into perspective, happened to me over the last New Year..!! Carpe Diem indeed..!

......regards to all, keep in there..

...............the DmM...x.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
866 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats Happened

Hi Wid,

So sorry to hear your terrible news, losing a friend is a horrible thing to go through, my thoughts are with you.

It's also good to hear somebody else in the same boat regards to cancel-wobbling!! Everyone I know (none of whom have been to the maldives!) is telling us to cancel and I just can't. Even if it means we have to really restrict ourselves in the bar in the evening we have to go!!! I will be so depressed otherwise, although, that said, I will be equally as upset when we come home!

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom and with what your going through you must go! x

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats Happened

Retrofunk

That's really sweet of you. And you must go too. Whatever it takes. Save now, ask Santa for help, do anything ... well within reason!

Thanks again.

Wid

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats Happened

Wid ,How sad,it really does bring home that you have to grasp life with both hands & enjoy it doesn't it.You hang in there with your holiday,sounds like you are both working really hard to make it happen.

Rumps,I am still here...just,been so busy since getting back from Komandoo,really have not had much time for the forum.Also my beloved beagle has since I went away developed epilepsy,so have not been able to concentrate on much.

Will try harder! It is difficult when you return from an island & have nothing else planned to keep up the enthusiasm.

Suexx

10. Re: Whats Happened

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2008, 17:00