We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives Forum Addiction

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Maldives Forum Addiction

I thought I'd start a topic and see just how addicted we all are on the Maldives forum, as compared to some of the other destinations, we get a fair amount of activity each day and nearly every question answered.

I'm an addict, and can't get off the forum and hearing and learning about the Maldives every single day ... I was flooded out in the July floods of 07 so I couldn't get my daily fix until my house finished all it's rebuild late last year ... the withdrawal symptoms was atrocious!!

In the meantime, I changed jobs ... and my new employers blocked the site .... but I've got round it now but having to look at it lunch times and then I forget to eat my lunch!! lol .......

I can see OD is addicted too (morning, noon and night!); any other TA's have the same problem? I'd be interested in how TA affects everyone's daily lives!

.... activegirl

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

Divine MM ....

Rex is alive and well and he is off to Mirihi next month, I'm sure he'll post a review .......

.... activegirl

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

Grace ... ta for your kind words. Scoobyboy is still around but seems a biz boy these days. Roussey (Batman) posted a few days ago and Rex... well we all know about Rex (Robin) ....

Strange that I notice that most of the Maldives TA's are from around 2005 and the forum at that time was a good laugh till the zapping became once too many .....

To the poster who asked how did I get around the blocked site at work, well it did say, "access denied" and i just press return and it took me to the TA site!

Interesting to hear how addicted others are for various reasons, keep them all coming in!

..........activegirl

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

So glad I'm not the only one! It's been two years since I left, but still check in from time to time.

Somehow it's so satisfying to be able to answer someone's question and guide them to a better holiday.

And I miss the place.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,257 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

Great topic!

Sigh. Sad to say, I was here for a bit, then went on to "real" life.........and now I'm back. Addiction? Nah! Denial. lol

It's hard to stay away. There are so many interesting people!

And places, of course.

Each forum is actually quite funny. I love lurking!

Sad to say, there was a bit of a riff-raff in Kenya a couple of weeks ago. It's so unfortunate when someone gets boo-booed and considers leaving. Sometimes words get misinterpreted. A little smile while reading the posts (and replying) would surely help.

BTW, this Maldives forum helped a LOT when planning our trip. Thank YOU to those who participated. And are still here!

Cheers!

mamagelli

Ilkley
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

Back for the first fix of the day!!!

Softail

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

Hi Fellow Addicts

First visit of the day. Just starting to get organised for our next visit to the Maldives in a few weeks. Can't wait.

There are reports of very cold weather and heavy snow coming in from Siberia. Can't stand the cold, dreary, miserable winter in the UK!

Mrs D and I need some Maldives sunshine and hot weather.

OD

North Devon
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

KP84

I hope you get to the Maldives. Don`t rely on winning the lottery. Do something positive to make it happen. The only problem is once you have been there will be nowhere like it in this world.

Take a seaplane transfer to your Island when you go. You will not believe the view of the islands as you fly over.

The sealife is unbelievable and the colours of the sea and sky are beautiful.

Save up your penny`s every week and you will get to the Maldives.

Kind Regards

Devondream

p.s. We wanted to move to Devon and we did. Hence "Devondream" is now a reality

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

me thinks I'll change from activegirl to maldivesdream .....

..........activegirl

boston england
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

hi.... i'm an addict to, first started when we went to the maldives last year and on it nearly every day since, mainly first thing in the morning when having my breakfast,then i forget what time it is and end up rushing round to get to work on time, sadly can't afford to go this year so were going to cuba instead, not the same though.

caz

West Midlands,
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Maldives Forum Addiction

Thanks DevonDream...think I will join active girl on that too and become MaldiveDream!! Lol.

I am SAVING SAVING and SAVING current work issues are not helping...but I will go there even if I have to pack myself in a suitcase and go there that way.

Maybe reading the forum everyday doens't help...I'm probably not doing myself any favours. :P