We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now I understand

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
423 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Now I understand

We just got back from the Maldives (and Dubai) on Jan. 25 and now we know why so many of you love it there. Amazing! We never thought anything could top Hotel Bora Bora or Bora Bora but the Conrad Rangali did. We took over 1000 photos (land and underwater) but it will be awhile before I can post those since it is insane at work right now.

We plan on returning someday, don't know when but we will. Maybe once the memory of the long flights from the US wears off ;-) Oh, and when we have $$$ again!

Off to attack more of the mountains of laundry and housework.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now I understand

nice to hear you enjoyed your time in the Maldives .... the memory of the long flight will fade very quickly and before you know it, you've booked a return trip!

...AG

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now I understand

Hi

Thanks for posting. Glad you enjoyed it. As I am sure someone mentioned the Maldives are addictive....so you will be back!

OD

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now I understand

Hi Lizardlover,

Glad you enjoyed it!!

We do indeed love the place, let us know when you upload any photos or review.

Regards

Emu

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now I understand

Welcome to Maldives Anonymous! There is no known cure for this addiction so you may as well keep going even if like us you have to limit it to every few years ... unless the lottery comes up trumps.

Glad you had a good time but anyone would have to be mad not to eh?

Wid

Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Now I understand

Hi

Glad you had such a good time - seem to remember that you wanted to visit the Maldives for quite a while but had to postpone it.

I'm sure you'll get to return again as it's so addictive though having said that I think that this year will be the first time in 10 years that we won't be visiting the Maldives. Problems taking time off work before June (we try to go Jan-April or Dec) and also the whole price increase/credit crunch combination.

Looking forward to seeing your photographs etc once you get a chance to post them.

Regards

Siobhan

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now I understand

Hi Ll

Glad you enjoyed your trip, i wonder if it's something they put in the water that gets us all so addicted :-))

regards susie

7. Re: Now I understand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:20