We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

German website that has great photos of most islands???

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
German website that has great photos of most islands???

Hi all

In the past, regulars have posted the URL for the German website that has loads of photos on it. I've found it really helpful but I stupidly didn't save the link. Any ideas?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

http://www.malediven.net/Bilder/index.htm

http://www.maldives.at/

But no one has posted this Italian one yet, best one if you ask me - just click the GB flag top right:-

http://www.mondomaldive.it/

Regards

Emu

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

Many thanks Emu. It was the Maldiven one that I have used before, but I also came across the Italian one when we were off to Soneva Fushi. I thought the photos were excellent and also it is a very informative site in general, particularly with the information on the dive centres.

I'm look at pics of Ihuru. We're trying to decide between going back to Medhufushi or going to Ihuru. I guess the only two things I'm worried about are that the North Male Atoll is very busy nowadays so I'm not sure whether I'd like the diving as much and secondly that the rooms seem very small. Over recent years we've become keener on the outer atolls and Meemu Atoll was really great as we never saw another dive boat. North Male Atoll might seem a bit like Sharm in comparison. I do so wish Ihuru was a bit further out - if that were the case it would be an easy choice.

Thanks again.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

Thanks Emu for the link to the Mondo Maldive site. I aleady have the Mondo Maldive resorts guide which is good but had not been on the website. The piccies of Angaga which I have just drooled over have got me even more excited than I already was. I just don't know how I will get through the next 5 and a half weeks until we will be there!

Cheers.

wid

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

Hi MF2,

Your right about the diving traffic in NM Atoll, and the unfortunate location of Ihuru - I went in there in 98 and things were fairly busy on the reefs then, on my last visit to Eriyadu other resort boats were diving its house reef!!!

I am jealous of you and Wid, I am moving to Dubai this year so I am unable to plan any trips to the Maldives (was going to be March - but business in the middle east is so slow).

Here's hoping to next year!!

Kind Regards

Emu

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

Hi Emu

Your move to the ME is rather badly timed - I've seen how things have slowed down there between September last year and now. In boom times it's a great place to be - only 4 hours from the Maldives and an hour from Oman...fantastic.

I'm still planning my December holiday but am in two minds whether to wait until later to see what deals come up, or book now and then cancel later on. It's just surprising that the islands are upping their prices despite the economy and the exchange rates. In December Medhufushi offered us half board for the price of B & B - hardly surprising as they were about 50% occupied. The management were worried about the future for 2009 but looking a the rates for this year do not seem to be doing much about it. Ihuru seems better value, especially as it is a better standard of island. It's just a shame about the location.

Good luck with your move. When are you off?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

Hi MF2,

I have no set date, just 8 weeks from signing contracts, although as you say the recent decline is slightly worrying! They wanted me there for March, but now things have gone quite??

I think the prices in the Maldives will tumble later in the year, either that or you'll be holidaying with 90% Russians lol.

Regards

Emu

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

I was in the north male atoll first two weeks in december last year and maybe i was just lucky but we dived everyday doing two or three dives a day, some days there were only 4 of us on the boat other times up to twelve but not once did we see another boat at any of the dive sites that we went to

regards susie

8. Re: German website that has great photos of most islands???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:18