We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Hertfordshire
14 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Hi all, new member on Tripadvisor! I will try and fit as much criteria in as possible in this post!

Going on my honeymoon in February 2010 with a budget of £7-8k. I am hoping to spend 2-3 nights in Hong Kong followed by 7-10 nights in the Maldives.

Knock off Hong Kong probably leaves £4-6k for the Maldives.

We would prefer a smaller island but with enough to do as I get bored lying on the beach for endless periods of time.

- Love snorkling

- Fionce is a fussy eater (likes Italian, usual steaks, chicken etc.)

- Looking for some luxury as it is our honeymoon but don't want to ruin it by worrying about money all the time (possibly go AI?)

I think that sums it up nicely!

Over to you guys - thanks very much in advance.

Ed

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Hi Ed

welcome to the forum, have a look at mirihi, veligandu and maybe komandoo they i think tick all you boxes

regards susie

Hertfordshire
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Thanks Susie,

Mirihi looks fantastic, and Komandoo looks great if I want to budget a bit more.

What are the board basis at these locations? Any idea about the cost of food/drink etc if you don't go AI?

the other contender is the Angsana Ihuru resort which I like the sound of due to the close proximity of other islands.

Cheers,

Ed

Hertfordshire
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Bump!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Hi Ed

Have a look at Athuruga. It is closing end-April for extensive refurbishment, including the building of a water bungalow resort-within-a resort. It is scheduled to reopen in December 2009.

It is a small island - very pretty - with one of the best AI packages in the Maldives and one of the best reefs for snorkelling. It is also Italian run and the food is excellent.

OD

Hertfordshire
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon - recommendations please!

Dibble - does look fantastic! Glad there seems to be more to choose from than the standard Baros et al!

At the moment it is a tie between Mirihi, Angsana, Athuruga and Komandoo.....

....not a difficult choice then!

6. Re: Honeymoon - recommendations please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 09:25