We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something special.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Something special.

Hi everyone,

as some will know i am a great advocate for cleaning as you go, in that i ask not to take plastic bags into the Maldives and also take your rubbish home.

There is a sometimes poster called "Brown Eyed Girl" aka, Tracy, who has done a lot of work setting up a new web site for the Chaaya resorts,

www.chaayamaldives.co.uk.

she has managed to get (via John Keels resorts managemnt) to have these posters in all the main languages put up on all the Chaaya resorts,in order to inform visitors, It blows my plastic bag thread and others out of the water.

www.chaayamaldives.co.uk/save&protect.htm

Please take time to view and tell others.

Well done Tracy and my hearty congratulations on such a informative fantastic project.

Yours

Rumpole / Rumps

Whitfield, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something special.

Hi Rumps many thanks for those kind words.

Link above doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the right one

www.chaayamaldives.co.uk/SAVE&PROTECT.htm

Best regards

Tracy

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something special.

Well done Tracy :-)

Excellent work!

Toronto
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something special.

thanks for the link

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something special.

Well done Rumps for posting the thread.

Well done Tracy for getting the posters put together. PLeased to see you also include DO NOT FEED THE FISH.

Do you know if there are any plans to distribute the posters to other resorts within the Maldives?

OD

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Something special.

good job its a great idea,

one piece of feedback though, perhaps with the pictures try putting a pic of the thing you don;t want people to do in the red circle, ie a pic of someone feeding a fish with line through it, that way it will reach all nationalities without the need for words, as they say a picure says a thousand words!

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Something special.

Nice informative poster Tracy! Well Done!

Let hope it does the trick .....

....activegirl

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Something special.

Nice one Rumps!

Well done Tracy, this type of information is lacking in the Maldives, However there is a similar thing that has been running for a few years in the Maldives and with a handful of resorts supporting them - Reethi being the most recent, they distribute a pack for the islands to leave in rooms for the guests to read. 'protect the maldives' link below, if we all want to make a difference so much then we should all join it!

protectthemaldives.de/PTM_English/Welcome.ht…

Regards

Emu

Whitfield, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something special.

Many thanks...........glad you like!!!

Lizzie the reason that words were included is that invariably you tell someone be it adult or child not to do something they ask WHY???? Now they don't need to ask they have a short & sweet list of reasons. Another reason the pics are as is - I can't draw!!!!! I know L.S.Lowry made a bomb out of matchstick men but mine with fins on were laughable!!!!

Emu......again thank you. I too have read the pamphlet written on the protectthemaldives.de site. I have also seen in the rooms on some resorts but the posters I have produced for the 3 Chaaya resorts are going in receptions, dive schools, end of the jetty, dhonis in a laminated version so as to be a constant reminder.

I do feel it is also down to us, the people that know the harm that is being done to stand up when nefarious activities take place and remind the perpetrators that their actions are wrong and will not be tolerated.

A sledgehammer to the back of the neck often offends so polite well chosen words are often better!!!!!!!

Best regards

Tracy

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Something special.

Couldnt put it better,

as a thought, why comment on something that is fantastic--pity people dont think of doing something themselfs.

Rumps

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Something special.

Hi Tracy

well done! It's good to see someone taking an active role in something we all feel strongly about.

regards

Ian