We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

Kiev, Ukraine
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

Visited only two

O&O Reethi Rah and Soneva Fushi, each of them I liked a lot, but now I'm planing to visit new one in such category but can't choose

other 5 star deluxe which I found was (and opinions about them on reviews)

Soneva Gili (reef is very far)

Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru (3 star food)

W Retreat (too loud)

Island Hideaway (marina part is not what I want to see when get up and reef is very far on the other side)

Huvafenfushi (too small)

Conrad (too public)

What I need is -

1. excellent food (like soneva fushi)

2. good snorkeling (may be diving), close to the island house reef

3. not much people around, isolated from view of other ppl water villa, my wife likes to take sunbathes topless :)

any suggestions? may be I missed something

thanks in advance,

Aleks

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

Thanks Aleks. I'd be very interested in everyone's perspective on your posted. I just posted a similar set of questions.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,022 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

hmm.. if you find huvafen too small , i am not sure you realize how tiny fesdu (W resort) is ... the only reason why there are so many rooms is because they built an entire watervilla manhatten into the lagoon. i maintain the hypothesis that if all guests were to come onto the actual island at once , it would sink :)

fesdu does have a good housereef.. the resort itself is a matter of taste and probably age. i would assume twenty somethings might appreciate the pervasive music and ibiza flair.

have you considered dhoni mighili ?

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

have been to W. Best water villas in the Maldives. Not the quietest resort, but it's not loud at all. I think it is the very best resort in your category in the whole of Maldives. If I were you, I would pick a water villa on the lagoon side (that is if you can't afford one of the ocean haven's of course!)

Reef was very very good. The whole feel is too chic for me, but you can't believe how incredible the watervillas are... My second choice would be either Huvafen or make a return trip to Soneva Fushi as it is very hard to beat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

Alex

We were in the same position as you in that we loved Soneva Fushi and find it had to find another that is as good. We finally settled on Island Hideaway. I'm not sure about the reef being far away. We've booked a Raamba retreat and it seems to be outside. We're not going until December, but I will let you know.

5. Re: another best luxury maldives hotel, which?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 05:23