We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electrical plug adaptors

LancsUK
Level Contributor
30 posts
electrical plug adaptors

a bit mundane perhaps but can anyone tell me which adaptors are needed in the maldives . I think I read that ordinary 3 square pin as in the uk are the norm??

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Many - probably most - islands do have the standard UK 3 pin plugs, however, some do still have the old 3 hole round pin type. I have also been to an island that had Italian style plugs. We always travel with a universal adaptor in our bag just in case, but you should find that adaptors are provided (or are available) where necessary.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Nolan,

Which island are you going to there will be someone who can give you a specific answer on here?

Emma

LancsUK
Level Contributor
30 posts
3. Re: electrical plug adaptors

going to Island Hideaway......I have taken note of somebody's advice to take an extension with multiple sockets in case there are too few plug points for hair driers, iPod whatevers etc but it would be of little use without the right adaptor!

London, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: electrical plug adaptors

We went to the Maldives last year, and the plug sockets were 3 pin, the same as in the UK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Yes, you're right: most islands do have the standard UK sockets, but not all of them. Don't know about Island Hideaway, so would suggest either emailing or taking an adaptor in case - they don't weigh much or take up much room.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Sorry - should have said that we have a universal adaptor set, so it doesn't matter what type of socket there is. They are readily available at the airport and aren't that expensive.

middlesex
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Can anyone please confirm which type of plug is used on cinnamon island?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Hi Nolan

IH is English 3 pin plugs The accomodation is spacious (you didn't say what you are staying in)so there are plenty of plug in options available.

Regards

Doug

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Hi

Cinnamon will be 3 pin English as well. Theses are 5 star resorts if you need something you just ask for it, you really don't need to worry about anything

Regards

Doug

London
2 posts
10. Re: electrical plug adaptors

Does anyone have advice on electrical plug sockets for Baros? I hope standard UK 3 pin but would like some reassurance if anyone knows for sure. Thanks!