We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September, October, or November which would be best?

Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
September, October, or November which would be best?

We are wanting to go to the Maldives but can only go in Sptember, October or November. I appreciate that this is the rainy season, but any suggestions on which of these would be the best time to visit, would be most welcome.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September, October, or November which would be best?

september or october are better than november. in november you are likely to get hit with the monsoon change which can bring day long stretches of stormy weather and rain.

uk
Level Contributor
918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September, October, or November which would be best?

Thought the late monsoon was the dryer one ?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September, October, or November which would be best?

Guys,

Its anyone's guess, there is no right or wrong answer to this time of year. Statistically November is drier, but in recent years this has not been the case! I have been in all three ... and got wet in all three too - if it were me then I would go early september.

Regards Emu

4. Re: September, October, or November which would be best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 06:16