We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help me i'm so confused!!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
please help me i'm so confused!!

thing of maybe going the maldives next year but i'm so confused with all the islands & the 2 different monsoon seasons.

also we want to go AI. Don't want to go too early in the year. What do you think it will be like in may time? will the weather be bad.

Price doesn't matter too much but we would be looking the cheaper end ideally.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,903 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

for comfortable islands with great AI , look at athuruga and lily beach

the first half of may is usually still ok.. the monsoon has lately turned in the second half of may which makes that timeframe pretty unsettled and you'll have to expect some showers and maybe the occasional rainy day.

the driest time and high season for the maldives is dec through april

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

thanks ever so much for that. just looking now. what atoll does it fall under as they seem to be listed under different ones? x

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

Hi there!

Athuruga and Lily Beach are at the same atoll: South Ari Atoll (great for diving!). Lily Beach is more east.

Nicole

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

thanks ever so much. i've dived before but when i was young not done it since & my boyfriend has never done it. would like to try it again though.

thinking of going june/july time i know this is monsoon season. but am i right in thinking that monsoon to them isn't actually monsoon like i would associate it back here, which is rain all day & night & floods etc?

also is it true if its over cast there you still catch the sun & its still bright?

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

You may find this explanation by emu about the weather helpful. But you are right it is more likely to rain but doesn't mean it will and no floods. Been 5 times and 4 were in May/ June and weather was fine.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293953-s208/Maldiv…

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

Hi

Been several times now in june/july and had good weather everytime, out of 14 days we have had only a couple of days were it rained on and off all day the rest was excellent

......susie

7. Re: please help me i'm so confused!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 06:17