We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huvafen Fushi or W retreat- Mid May 010

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Huvafen Fushi or W retreat- Mid May 010

Guys.. after a lot of research i narrowed down my honeymoon search between Huvafen and W !!...we'r planning on going on May 7th for only 4 nights and then off to Far east :) we'll stay in the beach villa in either one caus the ocean view is too exp. i need someone who stayed in one of them or know some inf. to help me out please

1. better beach?

2. Btter Room ammenties and decor?

3. Service and of course nightlife.....

Thanks a million

Dahlia

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,643 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huvafen Fushi or W retreat- Mid May 010

i'd go for neither, personally .. but the w tops huvafenfushi by about a million points.

both are wanna-be trendy and guns for expensive "south beach" athmostphere but the W has a lot more finesse and very nice rooms .. a lot of flashy extras . its also the far more beautiful island with an excellent reef. the w has what is probably the closest thing to what you could consider "nightlife" in the maldives .

if you are looking at seaplane transfer anyhow - which i think you shouldn't miss out on ... the conrad is the obvious choice for real elegance, service and true luxury.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Huvafen Fushi or W retreat- Mid May 010

yea i know but the conrad is far more expensive and it look more like a family resort!! well i love W more than Huvafen Fushi .. do u recommend smthg other than Conrad?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,643 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huvafen Fushi or W retreat- Mid May 010

honestly.. while the w is not for me (boring, old , likes quiet and few people)

.. if you are in search of young, flashy, trendy, bragging rights .. the w is probably just about right. almost all other luxury resorts will offer you less club-type nightlife (not that the w is exactly rocking)

4. Re: Huvafen Fushi or W retreat- Mid May 010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 06:18