We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Island or Kurumathi

England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sun Island or Kurumathi

Am getting close to booking, First Choice is offering us Sun Island

direct flight, and Marks travel (via Dubai) is offering Kurumathi, both similar price...please experts , help us choose.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Island or Kurumathi

Hi Mrs P

me personaly, although have not been to Kuramathi but have to Sun, would take the direct option and go to Sun.

It is the the largest of the islands and realy nice with everything you will need / want.

What package are you getting on both resorts as in AI--FB--HB, BOAT OR SEAPLANE, balance that against each other and see what you get.

Rumps

Rumps

England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Island or Kurumathi

Rumps, thanks for reply....am leaning towards Sun Island as prefer direct flights, the options we have are HB, FB, or AI, with the AI costing approx an extra £470 each for 14 nights (each), whilst we are not going to spend 10 hrs at the bar everyday, we will indulge, plus we like our tea/coffee/water which I believe is included....and it all mounts up.When I researched Sun Island, on one of the threads somebody implied it was cheaper to upgrade locally, but that was an old posting.Not sure of current situation.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Island or Kurumathi

Mrs Puddle, I am a veteran of 4 visits to Sun Island, like you not a big drinker, but have always gone on the AI package...but, upgrading in resort as it works out cheaper. So we booked H/B in UK and upgraded at Sun, we found that it worked out cheaper. We last visited in 2006 when the US dollar was more favourable, but a quick email to Sun, they will send you all the prices etc, do some maths with www.xe.com and you'll be OK. You will find more info at www.villahotels.com

Have a great time, it is a lovely Island, with 85% favourable reviews...the other 15%....well the least said the better!! lol

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Island or Kurumathi

There you go Mrs P,

My Plastic Scouser mate Rousey beat me to it.

5. Re: Sun Island or Kurumathi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 06:17