We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaplane Transfer Prices

SALTCOATS...
Level Contributor
188 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Seaplane Transfer Prices

Hi there

I have a seen a deal online and the cost for the seaplane transfer to Kuredu is £250 per person, so the cost for 2 adults and 1 child aged 2 is £750. This price is through the travel company.

Would we be cheaper going with transmaldivian or Maldivian Air Taxi? I have went to there website but they dont say the prices.

We would be flying into Male with British Airways, arriving at 09.20am and leaving at 12.00pm.

Or should I pay the £750?

Many thanks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

Hi

It sounds a bit steep to me. The seaplane transfers are organised via the resort in any case, so I would be tempted to contact Kuredu, not MAT.

Komandoo's website quotes 230 Euros, and Komandoo is Kuredu's nearby sister island, so I'd imagine the rates will be very similar.

Probably a case of the travel agent adding extra commission for doing virtually nothing...

Good luck!

Ian

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

Hiya

As they are the only seaplane agents in the Maldives,there prices are likely to be similer, by booking with your agent they are taking there cut,as transfers are organized by the islands I would recomend cutting out the middleman and leave it to the island, just to add your agents charge is on the high side, the island will just add the cost to your bil, so e-mail them direct and ask them how much.

Good luck and let's know how you get on.

Rumps

Rumps

uk
Level Contributor
856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

The seaplanes to Kuredu are now operated by TMA and no longer MAT and the contract is direct with Kuredu so you can only book the transfers via the resort and not directly with TMA.

Seaplane transfers to a resort as far as Kuredu usually cost between 300 - 400 USD per adult and half price for children return. For Palm Beach which is close by the rate is around 190USD one way. Contact the resort directly as the others have suggested.

Edited: 01 January 2010, 10:40
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

Hi SP

The seaplane companies - TMA and MAT - are all booked by the resorts, so they don't publish either schedules or prices. The prices you quote don't sound outrageously high.

I lookedup a price the other day for a transfer to the Hilton Iru Fushi and that was $420 per person return.

OD

slovenia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

What about getting from airport to North Male Atoll ??

What is the price ?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

Hi Nina

Islands close to the airport will have their own speedboats to transfer passengers. Islands further north in the atoll will arrange seaplane transfers. The costs will be different depending on the island chosen.

OD

7. Re: Seaplane Transfer Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 06:17