We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athuruga - any updates?

Marden, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Athuruga - any updates?

We have booked to go to Athuruga at the end of the year and have been trying to find out more information on the renovations and the new water villas. As far as I can see there are no plans/details of the water villas or new restaurant on their website. Apart from some photos I found on the internet of the villas under construction (posted in December), I can't find any more information on the villas, what they are like or their progress or any further details on any other building works such as another restaurant. I am wondering if anyone has any more information/photos or does anyone who has been to Thudufushi recently know any more? Thank you.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athuruga - any updates?

Hi

There is a recent thread on this general topic. If I can find it i'll post a link.

What seems to be the situation is that the island is re-opening on 31 January with work on the water villas still ongoing. I think the work is expected to continue for several months.

I can't imagine you would have any problems in December this year.

OD

Edited: 28 January 2010, 12:30
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athuruga - any updates?

Here's the thread I was mentioning:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k3…

OD

Marden, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athuruga - any updates?

Thank you.

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Athuruga - any updates?

There are 3 or 4 people going early May so we will see then , we go 1st May , will report back , but we are in a beach villa not a water villa !!!!!!!

David

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athuruga - any updates?

we get there on the 3rd of may for 2 weeks in a water villa will let you know how we get on

6. Re: Athuruga - any updates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 07:18