We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendhoo refurb

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamendhoo refurb

Does anyone know what's being done for the Vilamendhoo refurb? Just wondering if the vibe of this island is likely to change significantly (got it on my shortlist for next Maldives holiday).

middlesex
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

If you look on Thomsons and First Choice sites they tell you a bit about the refurb. I was thinking of booking it for next Feb.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Hi we have been before and was looking at going back.

I got a Thomson brochure on Saturday and it mention a swimming pool, 24h AI, two main restaurants and a over the water Asian restaurant

, jacuzzi beach villas, jacuzzi water villas,

2O

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Sorry don't know what happened there!

The brochure mentions 4 bars, over the water spa, so does sound like quite a bit of refurb. Also says being done Courtesy of owners of sister island Meeru so may mean if we book at not finished that we may end up on Meeru without a house reef?

T23

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but Vilamendhoo have a new website up and running from the new owners.

http://www.vilamendhooisland.com

middlesex
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Thanks for the website had a look very helpful. Do you know anything about the two different resturants for the different villas, are the menus the same or is this a class thing?

Thanks again Lizaldo.

jersey
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Thanks for that link.Very interesting!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Gets a nice forum as well. Thanks for the link.

Has Vilamendhoo some sort of association with Meeru or Kuredu, anyone know?

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Hi

Vila is run by the same group as Meeru and the staff have gone to Meeru for training. Seems they like it at Meeru a lot!

I have had a good look about the new site and it has thrown up a few questions!

We are returning on 29th March 2011 on an all inclusive basis but it is not mentioned on the site. I only find AI Plus so i guess there are going to be different tiers. I do wish they had left it so that you could eat and drink anywhere though.

Well i will keep my eyes peeled (Ouch) and wait for it to reopen and see what happens!

Thanks for the link by the way. hopefully it will update on how the refurb is going (haha).

Freya

Edited: 11 June 2010, 20:03
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Freya

Thanks for that. Vila will then be one of the islands you can move too if Meeru is over-booked. ;-]

middlesex
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilamendhoo refurb

Hi

Does anybody know when the refurb will be finished