We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komandoo - advice needed.

england
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Komandoo - advice needed.

We have just booked a 2 week holiday to Komandoo in a beach villa this coming July. I was a bit worried to hear in the reviews someone had a view of an 'industrial' looking island from their water villa. I was wondering whether I should upgrade to a Jacuzzi beach villa if they are better positioned? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Komandoo - advice needed.

Don't worry ... I would suggest you wait until you arrive there and see what it is like and then upgrade there if you wish as it will be a lot cheaper than upgrading from the UK. Obv I cannot guarantee they would have vacancies but the Maldives are not quite operating at full capacity at the moment since the tsunami .... activegirl

manchester
Level Contributor
101 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Komandoo - advice needed.

Hi Markyi, I've just got back from the Maldives and spent the 1st week in Komandoo. We stayed in a beach villa (which was fantastic). There is an inhabited island in view from the beach villa and water villa side of the island, however, I honestly didn't give it a 2nd thought. There are villas on the other side of the island(prob jacuzzi villas though didn't ask) that have views of an uninhabited island. We had sun pretty much all day (didn't seam to be the case on the other side) and it was less windy/sea calmer than the other side of the island so this was more important to me. Though may differ at times of year etc. Whatever you choose I really don't think you'll be disappointed as the island and service is fantastic. If you feel you need more info go on the komandoo website - click on the guestbook and ask some of the people who have been to Komandoo many times, they will know the island inside out and may even give you a tip on what rooms you can book.