We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best all inclusives

swansea
Level Contributor
504 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
best all inclusives

hi folks,we are not new to the Maldives,having managed 6 holidays at various resorts over the last 10 yrs ,the last time we were there was 3 yrs ago for chtristmas,we were looking into going again in winter 2011 ,trying to get some lowdown on the best of the "all inclusives",to give you some more idea of what we are after ,smaller ,not large resort,not bothered about water bungalows,not too lively,just chillin,good housereef,decent to good food, anybody out there able to help ??

many thanks

fishman

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best all inclusives

Hi fishman

Athuruga fits the bill perfectly. Together with it's sister island Thudufushi, it offers probably the best AI in the Maldives. Everything - and I mean everything, not like the vast majority of islands, which have lots of exceptions - is included, bar lobster and champagne. Even laundry and visits to the doctor should you need them. It is small - I think it was 46 or so beach villas when we went (it's recently had some water bungalows built but apparently they haven't had a tremendous impact on the ambience), has an amazing housereef, and being Italian owned, has fabulous food. It does have an Italian animation team, but it is all very laid back and take it or leave it. If I could afford to go back, I'd be there like a shot!

Haven't been, but I believe Lily Beach is another one with excellent AI.

Hope that helps.

SL

Newark
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best all inclusives

I would agree with SL. Have been to both Thudufushi and Athuruga and their AI was the best we have encountered in the Maldives.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best all inclusives

Hi

More votes for Athuruga and Thudufushi.

OD

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best all inclusives

+1 more for Athuruga , Thudufushi , been to both ,

Lilly beach i believe is good .

swansea
Level Contributor
504 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best all inclusives

thanks all,just the info i was after,now where did i put that piggy bank !

Dorset
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best all inclusives

The Lily Beach AI is excellent and and ticks your other boxes although maybe the new Water Villas do make the resort appear larger than it feels when you are there.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best all inclusives

my order of preference would be athuruga, thudufushi .. then a big gap ... and then lily beach , a good bit back. have been 3 times athuruga, thudu twice , lily once.

the re-opened moofushi shows a lot of promise but i was there just once a decade ago , i remember moofushi as a very pretty little island but obviously, i can say nothing about what kind of AI they now offer.

8. Re: best all inclusives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 06:17