We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

I've was told this on the phone by Thomson on 16 Feb and informed I would be offered a flight 'three days later', one which I can't accept as it comes back after school hols end. Another poster has received a letter offering a new flight and new accommodation (see my other thread Reethi Gone to Thomson Worldwide).

I'm getting really fed up because they haven't sent a letter or email giving me any opportunity to transfer the £450 deposit to another holiday or get a refund. Is this affecting anyone else? Also can't get them on the phone!

Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

Hi Xarla

I'm so sorry you are having such trouble with Thomson/First Choice. As I've previously posted we had a lot of problems with them too in December.

Although I would like to have said I won't use them again we have to think of the rising cost of going to the Maldives.

Because they often appear to be the cheapest option to the Maldives I have been looking online with the idea that we may book for end June early July this year 2011 and unless the Thursday flights are all booked up it seems to me that the Thursday flights may not be operating this year either or at least not in late June early July.

Can't understand why they would cut their flights like this.

It's very bad customer service but keep on at them. Did they offer any compensation as we got a pathetic 100 pounds compensation for the cancellation of our holiday as an incentive to rebook with them rather than another operator. This was swallowed up by the the fact that rebooking at short notice meant we paid more for the holiday.

Good luck and keep going it will be worth it once you have your holiday sorted. You will certainly need a holiday after all this added stress.

Siobhan

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

Xarla

I do hope you get sorted, if you get your money back could you book another flight/hol?I don't know how much time you have? We have also had a Maldives holiday cancelled at the last minute but got our money back and booked elsewhere. (not Thomsons that time)

We have also had problems with Thomson in the past. Booked our last holiday with them which we tried to avoid. Luckily everything went smoothly probably because apart from the flight we had nothing more to do with them.

The problem is Thomsons have the monopoly as they have First choice, Tui, Sovereign and Hays and Jarvis! which does not leave us many options.

good luck

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

Xarla

Unfortunately you are not the first poster to report problems with contacting this travel operator. They don't seem to be noted for their customer focus.

Hope you get things sorted. I know it is always difficult as far as school holidays are concerned.

OD

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

Thanks for your replies. Still waiting for the cursed company to contact me.

l w
Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

i have just received a letter 2nd class post today saying my flights to Maldieves have been cancelled i go in 9 weeks and its my honeymoon, options they've given us instead are awful..

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

This happened to my daughter, she took a full refund and rebooked the same resort with Hayes and Jarvis. The flights are with Emirates from Manchester via Dubai but you get a choice of flight times. She goes on the big A380 which is nice and it was £230 cheaper!!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

There have been several posts recently about Thomsons decision to cancel the Manchester flights.

This is the biggest thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k5…

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

This is awful for you, I W . Which options did they offer instead? Whatever, don't trust them - they told me on the phone the flight I wanted to swap to was fully booked but I went online and booked onto the exact same one they said had no vacancies through their own First Choice company. There are definitely holidays to the Maldives left for the time you want to go, so book whichever one suits you as soon as you can. I wouldn't wait for Thomson to refund you the deposit. They ARE legally obliged to refund all money paid but they might not do it soon enough for you to rebook if you wait (I had to wait a while). Let us know how you get on. Which island were you going to originally?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

Hi

I would second Xarla's view that there are still islands available - get in contact with an agent/tour operator who actually cares whether you have a good and positively memorable honeymoon.

You will also find that there are some incredibly deals to be had with Qatar/|Emirates/Etihad at the moment.

Best wishes for a great wedding

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

10. Re: 2012 Thomson Thursday Flights Cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:16