We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
597 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

We are comng for a short stay in late September. Right now, our main concern is to do some great snorkeling. Which resorts have easily accessible reefs with great fish, etc.? Also, since our trip is short we might want to limit travel from Male but our main priority is a great experience. It would be nice to have an resort with a few restaurant/bar options and kayaking, windsurfing, etc.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

We just returned from Mirihi, and the house reef is absolutely spectacular. Many say it is the best in the Maldives.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

Hi

I'd second Mirihi as an excellent choice. You could also look at Athuruga and Thudufushi. The 'best' snorkelling tends to be in South Ari Atoll, which requires a seaplane transfer from Male, however, don't be put off by this as transfers are effected speedily, with the minimum delay possible.

SL

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

HI

I echo all of the above comments. All the islands mentioned are small and get booked up very quickly. so I would not delay over booking - even for the low season.

OD

england
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

Angaga, Lily Beach, Mirihi, Fihalhohi may depend on budget

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

It depends on your budget...

How many nights will you stay there? though the seaplane is a great experience, I would not risk to spend a lot of time waiting for it...

The best reefs in Maldives are Mirihi, Kandholudhoo, Alila and W. Then there are very good reefs that could also be an option...

6. Re: Maldives Resort with Great House Reef????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 00:15