We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well priced accomodation

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Well priced accomodation

Hello,

I have noticed while researching the Maldives that the accommodation is very over priced. Some two bedroom villas are $2000 US per night with all these taxes on top!!!

We are looking at some thing around $1000 US a night for a two bedroom villa at nice resort. Anyone know of any or have stayed at any? There has to be well priced nice accommodation in the Maldives.

We don't want anything to far from airport and we will have two babies.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well priced accomodation

look at Island Hideaway, they have a family villa which will be in your budget.

australia
Level Contributor
727 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well priced accomodation

What about interconnecting rooms?? I know there are a couple of properties which have these (I have booked one) . There are resorts close by to Male but a seaplane transfer is fairly short (around 25 min) and will give you more options.....

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well priced accomodation

Hi Lushjade

I would agree with Hideaway but it's an hour internal flight from Male plus 30 speedboat so I would guess not ideal for you

Regards

Doug

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Well priced accomodation

Hello,

Yes inter connecting rooms would work but what hotels do that?

Any other options other than hide away! That is a little far away and I read reviews that the beach is dirty :(

There has to be others?

:)

Thanks all

australia
Level Contributor
727 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well priced accomodation

Hi, lily beach is an all inclusive hotel and they have beach family villas. So The initial cost maybe more but you would have no more to spend once there. I believe they are two beach villas that interconnect. So they are like a duplex so you would have one whole building to yourselves and children under 5 only pay the bed tax ( $8 per night ) I think it accommodates 4 adults plus two kids but i think you mentioned they are young so they may allow an extra infant if you asked. They have allowed us to have an extra in our room with our two kids.

Diva also has deluxe rooms which come in sets of two so you would have one duplex interconnecting room. So like one whole beach villa. They have regular b and b, other meal plans or you can opt for all inclusive .

Check out www.lilybeachmaldives.com

And

naiade.com/en/…default.aspx

I am sure there are more but I am familiar with these two. You do need a sea plane to get there.

Centara Is another family friendly resort and it is all inclusive as well but I am not sure what they have in regards to rooms:)

When looking for prices in the Maldives I have found booking outside of australia has been cheaper:)

Goodluck!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Well priced accomodation

Thanks Luvofholidays!!!

Great help :)

Are the seaplanes safe to fly with a 5 month old? Also how much are the sea planes? I have never been to Maldives. Sorry for all the questions.

We are looking at flying malaysian air from KL to Male.....I found they only leave late and arrive in male around 10.30 at night? Is it safe to get speed boat or seaplane at this time?

Jade

XX

australia
Level Contributor
727 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well priced accomodation

Hi Jade,

Glad I can help:)

Seaplanes only operate during day light hours so if you arrive at 10.30 at night you would have to overnight in Male. There is an airport hotel just down the road.

We have chosen Singapore airlines as they have day flights going to Male and this avoids having the kids on night flights. Singapore also have a transit hotel which is quite cheap inside the terminal. So we are breaking up the flight so all the flights are during the day and we don't have to arrive in male in the evening.

I will private message you more information so I don't have a really long repsonse on here :)

cheers Kim

8. Re: Well priced accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 02:19