We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

SG
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

i used this thing to check the weather for this week (will be there on fri onwards), its practically "light rain shower" , "partly cloudy skies", or - get this - "PATCHY RAIN POSSIBLE" from fri to sun!

holiday-weather.com/maldives/five-day-foreca…

the ONE time i see a sun icon with no clouds around it, its 6 AM! !

has anyone been and come back this week? what was the weather really like (i'm sure it was scorching hot with nary a cloud, right? right?)

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

Just replied to an almost identical post.

I have read posts from the hakura dive centre reporting showers but that doesn't mean non stop rain.

Don't panic, and don't check weather forecasts either, there is a big chance they are inaccurate.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

Hi GJ

Several things to bear in mind:

1. It is not possible to forecast 5 days in advance with any degree of accuracy.

2. The forecast in question will almost certainly be for Male the capital.

3. The weather in the atolls and even islands within atolls can be completely different from the capital.

OD

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

Hi

Agree with all the above points. If you want to look at what the weather is like there is a webcam at Kuredu here kuredu.com/community/kuredu-island-livecam.a… and also Medufushi www.wernerlau.com/maldives/maldives.html# and Filitheyo www.wernerlau.com/maldives/maldives.html# (bear in mind the time difference - 5 hours for many islands) Whatever the weather you will have a great time.

H

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

We came back three weeks ago and the forecasts had said showers, cloud or rain were likely practically every day even when we were there (we used to check in the foyer just to see how wrong they were!). We had wall to wall sun. Ignore the forecasts.I did.

Wid

5. Re: omg omg omg "Light rain shower " means "SUNNY" right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 02:19