We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice flights from Manchester

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
First Choice flights from Manchester

Seen reviews on here stating that the planes are sometimes changed for smaller ones, going to the Maldives.

Anyone had this problem flying from Manchester, coouldnt cope being squashed into a tiny seat, im rather a "plumptious lady".

Thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

bump

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

Cant say if they change them, but i don't think so as a smaller aircraft would probably have to refuel , only been once with fc !!! prefer emirates even with a stop off in Dubai just for the extra leg room , food, free movies,free drink etc ,etc .

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

thanks Wasso thats what my OH thought, small plane never get us there.

London, England
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

When airtours used to fly to the Maldives we had to refuel in Bahrain as they used a smaller plane.

When we were evaculated after the Tsuanmi in 2004 they sent such a small plane to bring us home we had to stop twice - once in Bahrain and then again in Rimini.

Longest and worst flight on my life - it woulf have been an uncomfy flight to spain, yet alone the Maldives! We vowed after then we would never use them again for our holidays.. and never have.

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

airlines will change the equipment for operational reasons as and when they see fit, although I hesitate to use the words airline and first choice in the same sentence

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

We have never really had a problem before flying FC, except last time, they had just merged with Thomson, and the crew were very miserable!!!.

Think they went downhill after the merger.

7. Re: First Choice flights from Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 16:15