We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

West Midlands
3 posts
Save Topic
Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

Hi,

We're finally picked the Madlvies for our honeymoon destination next June, but having difficulty picking a hotel!

Trying to find one with the following:

All Inclusive

Pool

Rooms over the lagoon

Not too big of a resort

House reef

Am I asking too much?!

Thanks for all your help! :)

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

Congrats on the wedding

No you are not asking too much but we could do with knowing an overall budget for the honeymoon including flights and for how long you wish to go:)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

moofushi ... in absense of a budget

West Midlands
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

Oops - forgot that bit!

Looking for 2 weeks - hopefully swapping location on the middle.

Budget of £5-6K.

Thanks.

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

You could take a look at Athuruga or its sister hotel Thudufushi. Both excellent AI hotels, excellent house reefs and water villas. But no pool (i dont think)?

As suggested above, Constance Moofushi would also suit as would Lily Beach (but may be out of Budget).

Grab a couple of brochures or check out there websites and see if anything suits :)

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

Reethi Beach or Vilamendhoo should be achievable within your budget.

John

PS....ditch your idea of swapping halfway....you will lose a whole day and it will cost you lots.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
594 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

We are booking Angsana Ihuru because of its great reviews on Trip Advisor. They have packages that include all food, but not beverages...however, they offer more reasonable nightly rates. No pool but one of the best reefs, easy access from Male, and sister resort Banyan Tree is available by 5 minute speedboat ride.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

I'm considering different resorts too, and I really haven't seen anything so far that can beat Centara's value. I've been quoted $639/night for an overwater villa with Island Club all-inclusive benefits. I just checked Moofushi and it's $629/person per night. Everyone's main complain against Centara seems to be that it's overdeveloped (?) and possibilty of kids running around, but you'd be hard-pressed to find similar level of luxury at that level.

For reference, it's 4.5 star resort. I've looked into Athuruga, which seems to be this board's favorite AI, and it has fewer features for a higher price per night. I just can't justify it.

Edited: 17 May 2011, 20:36
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

If you want to go this june, maybe you should tell your budget nd requiremets to several tour operators so that they offer what you have available, as it is quite late (though it is not high season)

I have checked and athuruga and thudufushi are within your budget, don't know about moofushi, but of course I would choose them as the best options if they are, if you want a good reef, athuruga would be the first option... Of course, if the Villa and the hotel are súper luxurious i like it, but I give a big valué to the fact of staying at a beautiful island, with a maldivian touch and with a staff that will make you love the maldives even as much as the own natural beauty of the islands... As there are many beautiful islands to choose I wouldn't go to Centara, it doesn't matter how much wine they offer to me...

The first time i went to the maldives i went to thudufushi (all inclusive) and mirihi (full board)... I think it would have been a terrible mistake reject mirihi as it doesn't offer AI, in fact, i have never gong AI again, as we are not big sri mera and our Bill doesn't increase that much...

9. Re: Help on hotel picking for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 11:20