We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quatar Airways

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Quatar Airways

Hi folks,

Has anyone travelled with Quatar airways from Manchester to Maldives via Doha?

Ready to book for Vilamendhoo for May 2012 but no direct flights when we want to go (around 21st following our wedding on the 19th as Thomson only go every 2 weeks). It's actually cheaper anyway going in direct but having never used this airline before so wanted peoples opinions.

Thanks

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quatar Airways

I live in Qatar and recently travelled with Qatar from Manchester. I usually fly with Emirates. The manchester flight runs twice a day now and most of the flights are running half empty. It was a pleasant experience, the crew were friendly, helpful and I had 4 seats to myself. If I was choosing between Thomson(sorry cattle class) and Qatar it would be Qatar airlines everytime. A word of warning though have something to eat before you get onboard as the food is very middle eastern !

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Quatar Airways

Did Qatar a few years ago had a 4hr stop over booked a lounge for @£12 , we now go Emirates every time from Manchester , if you go for the 14:00 flight it is the airbus A380 , then @2hr stop over gets you to male 08:00 , there is a 21:00 flight so x2 a day every day ,,,,,,,,,,,, great food ,films etc etc.

David

Edited: 17 June 2011, 23:08
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quatar Airways

Qatar are the only 5* airline in the world.

But do check the flight timings and scheduled stopover durations....some of them can be quite long and I understand that the Qataris have a "fascination" with blonde European women.

John

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quatar Airways

Don't think we have done badly with stopovers 1.5 hours on the way out and 2.5 on the way back. Luckily I'm not blonde so the Quataris shouldn't bother me!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quatar Airways

Also does anyone know whether you get drinks etc included with Quatar?

Edited: 18 June 2011, 20:25
London
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quatar Airways

We flew with Qatar last year to the Maldives and meals and drinks etc... were included on the flight. First time we'd flown with them and were very impressed witht the service... hope you have a great holiday!

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quatar Airways

Flown to Maldives with Monarch, Thomson and Qatar.

Monarch never again.

Thomson has advantage of direct flights and have had good experiences.

Qatar - had lots of empty seats and room on Doha to Male leg and same on return. It was nice to get off and stretch our legs!

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quatar Airways

qatar ( no Q bye the way) is a great airline the 5 star service is for the premium class and does not refer to economy, never flown economy with qatar or emirates but in premium the qatar service knocks the spots off emirates

it is not the only 5 star airline see here www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quatar Airways

so would that be atar or uatar airways then? :-)

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quatar Airways

Apologies for my spelling mistakes! The Q is pronounced as a C right?

How much would it cost to upgrade to premium as the cost of the flights are almost identical when you look on Qatars website?