We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long is vila supposed to take to get back to you?

SG
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
how long is vila supposed to take to get back to you?

call fees to get them on the line are escalating here. wrote email after booking weeks ago, no reply. called twice but was their evening time and person who picked up phone kept saying to call during sales hours and couldn't help at all. called last friday and spoke to sales person who said he would email me back. nothing. sent email today using their web form. called and the sales person asked me what i wanted. had to explain again and he said he would get back to me today.

my questions were about upgrading to a jwv (checking which dates and how mucch) and asking for possibility for some credit for unused days (booked 6, staying for 4), and to give our Male hotel and request them to leave the msg ofactual seaplane schedule info for the actual day for us bcz we were arriving late at night.

post sales service is sucking - the other resorts i've stayed at in the past 3 years were Taj Exot and Kurumba and both were much much better.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long is vila supposed to take to get back to you?

HI

Where large time differences are involved it can be very frustrating trying to get hold of people. All I can suggest is that you persevere.

As a thought have you checked any Spam folderson your email system in case their emails have ended up their? My spam filters develop a mind of their own and will sometimes decide something is spam when previously it has been allowed through OK.

One comment about seaplane transfers. There is NO schedule as such. Seaplane departures and arrivals are geared to fit in with international arrivals and departures. So the seaplane "schedules" vary day by day.

OD

SG
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how long is vila supposed to take to get back to you?

thanks. about the seaplane schedule - yes that is exactly why they asked me, during the first call, to give them the name of the male hotel we were putting the nightup in, so they could leave a msg there for us with the first plane departure time for the next day, becz we wanted to know when to get to the airport. i said i would email them bcz i didn't hv it on me - my husband had booked the hotel.

does anyone happen to have the direct vila island resort number? the one im using from their web site seems to state the address as being in male. i wonder why we can't just call vila directly, why can't the normal reception at vila just handle these arrangements around the clock like normal resorts?

the latest is: vila just sent me an email reply earlier this afternoon, but it is the reply to the first email i set two weeks ago; i already got that answer from this forum two days after i sent it (what to do about getting to vila from seaplane after we come back to the airport from male hotel where we were staying the night). the sales person i spoke to today said he would send me an email by today but it is 10.33 pm now.

3. Re: how long is vila supposed to take to get back to you?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 17:16