We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilamendhoo upgrade

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Vilamendhoo upgrade

We have booked a beach villa, but quite fancy the position of the JBV, First Choice quoted an extra £2498 for this, 2 adults 2 weeks.

Cant really see it being worth that much extra, would we get a better deal on the island, if there were any vacancies of course.

Thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

The jbv had the better beaches but unless you know you will use the jacuzzi then they are nowhere near worth that much more! I am assuming that is high season upgrade cost?

We went in may and the island were doing good deals on upgrades but in peak season I would think you will struggle with availability and it wouldn't be cheap!

Have also read in some reviews from people who upgraded but preferred the service in the funaama (you would move to the ahima if in jbv). Personally I would stick with a bv and wait till on the island, £2.5k is almost another holiday!

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

thanks Jody, yes its high season, January, and yes its halfway to another maldive holiday!!!.

think we will stay put in the BV.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

£2498?????

I don't think that a garden room to a JWV would be that much though I haven't checked.

It cost us about £600 to upgrade from a BV to a JBV next month.

Wait til you get to Vila.

John

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

On Vila website it is $90 per room / per night difference .

Jan 2012

Andy

Edited: 21 August 2011, 17:20
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

.......which is about £800. A lot nearer the mark.

I would phone Firstchoice and ask them to check their figures.

Is $90 per night worth it? You get a jacuzzi tub in the back yard.....some people wouldn't use it. You get to eat in the adult only restaurant. You use the adult only sunset bar. From our point of view, the rooms are in a better location.

Check out the Vilamendhoo website for other minor room differences.

If the location is important to you the I would say do it when you get there if FC can't beat it.

John

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

Thanks everyone, probably stay put in our beach villa, was only wanting to move because JBV seem to have best positions, but can always walk to pool etc, just about!!!.

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

Sorry everyone, have to clean my glasses.

Wasnt a JBV it was a water villa at £2408 more, no JBV available.

Wouldnt be tempted at the price, stick to BV.

Thanks all

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

$260 per room per nt difference for those .

Definitely not worth it in my opinion . Beach villas are fantastic anyway . some locations better than others . Wait until you get there and ask immediately to change if you don't like your location .

I prefer to have the beach right outside my room too .

Hi John ,

Went to Lefkas in the end for our greek fix a few weeks ago . got a Villa and car with flights for £330 each for a quick week away

Andy

9. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 August 2011, 08:45
Edited: 22 August 2011, 08:45
lincoln
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilamendhoo upgrade

Going to Vilamendhoo in 5 weeks, can anyone tell me if this is high or low season please? also a good beach villa location

Edited: 29 August 2011, 09:52