We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies- evening shoewear!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
Ladies- evening shoewear!

Hi. I know high heels are a no no in the Maldives but can any one advise me if ballerina pumps would be ok for the evening as opposed to sandals. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Hi

You're right that you won't want or need heels, but anything else is fine. Lots of people go barefoot as on many islands you really don't need to wear anything on your feet from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. Lots more (me included) wear flipflops, but if you are more comfortable in a closed shoe then wear your pumps - they'll be absolutely fine.

SL

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Thanks. Know it probably sounds strange but I feel much more comfotable in a closed shoe!

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Nooooooooo shoes ,,,it is the best , going out at night for your meal no shoes ,,,,, worst bit having to come home and put shoes on !!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Only Havaianas flipflops for me. Sand gets trapped even in flat sandals making them uncomfortable to wear.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Barefoot is best, glittery flipflops if you can't go barefoot. You'll end up with sand in any closed-toe shoes you wear so it's up to you if you're ok with that.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,351 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Glittery flip flops for me. Even open sandles fill up with sand straight away.

Why not take both, they don't take up much room or weight, and see what you think. You could put them on when you reach the bar/resturant or you may have enough paved area to wear them for a while.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Hello Virus

What makes Havaianos flip flops so special? I've got a pair, given me as a present, and they are very comfy and look nice, but seem pretty similar to any other decent quality flip flop to me.

MissF

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Hi MissFitts

Re Havaianas, I found them durable and incredibly comfortable, particularly the post between the toes - it never rubs or feels uncomfortable. To be honest, I haven't tried many other brands. I am sure there are good ones out there. I always bring along a couple of leather flipflops on beach holidays and end up wearing Havaianas all the time. My 12 year old also lives in them, having found other brands not as comfortable.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Thanks Virus,

I haven't worn mine much, but now you come to mention it, the posts do seem particularly toe-friendly. They will accompany me to Ellaidhoo in four weeks' time to be thoroughly beach tested.

MissF

Ireland
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies- evening shoewear!

Lucky you, going in four weeks time! Not unti the next summer for me. Have a great time at Ellaidhoo.