We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niyama?

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
314 posts
32 reviews
97 helpful votes
Niyama?

Anyone seen this yet? wondering how it will compare to Anantara Kihavah?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
19 reviews
91 helpful votes
1. Re: Niyama?

Considering it will open on 15th January 2012, it is difficult to compare. They will only open ine of the 2 islands...

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Niyama?

Looking forward to seeing more updates on Niyama once they open. Very keen on booking with them for April, but wondering if the pics will live up to the reality? Some reviews will help.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
141 reviews
200 helpful votes
3. Re: Niyama?

Hi

We were due to go on the 1st of April with our teenagers but found out that it would not be up and running ie the underwater club would not be operational by then as they put it phase 2 would not be complete it was very vague but enough to say we pulled out and have re booked for november . I do hope we see at the least an updated version of there website soon as lets be honest there are many fab resorts in the Maldives to choose from so come on Niyama get on with it .............

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: Niyama?

Thanks cisparkle for posting your experience. I'm not so concerned with the facilities not being fully ready, BUT i wouldn't like our island getaway ruined by construction works either. Looks like I may have to follow your example and book elsewhere.

Sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Niyama?

I have heard from the resort direct that they will for sure be opening on the 29th Feb and that all facilities other than sub six (the nightclub) will be fully operational. I also questioned construction works and they have assured me that the only construction work that will still be happening on the island will be for the nightclub which is on the 2nd island so will not impact the mainland resort. Wishing you a fabulous holiday... wherever you end up in the Maldives!

suffolk
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
110 reviews
193 helpful votes
6. Re: Niyama?

Nightclub? Another island to avoid then.

It would be unwise to book a holiday at any new resort island until at least 12 months after the scheduled opening. Deadlines are rarely met but hotel owners will happily try and recoup their outlay as soon as possible by insisting that all building work is complete.

John

Whiteley, United...
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
44 reviews
433 helpful votes
7. Re: Niyama?

I would agree it is a bit of a gamble, but you can often get very good opening deals. We went to Shangri-la Villingilli about 6 weeks after opening and there were no problems to report.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
9 helpful votes
8. Re: Niyama?

Oh, what to do!! I am in a quandry over this. Niyama's accommodation matches exactly what we're looking for. We're celebrating our 10th anniversary with first visit to Maldives, so don't want it ruined by construction works and shoddy standards that don't live up to the promise of the marketing materials.

Sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: Niyama?

Like Turquoise 23, we have visited a number of resorts both in the Maldives and in other Countries within the first weeks / months of opening and have never really had any problems. Actually, we also stayed at the Shangri la Villingili about 2 months after they opened and if anything, they were doing all they could to ensure that we were having a wonderful holiday and were very keen to please. The opening offers are often very good, particularly in the Maldives so i guess you just need to weigh up if you think the offer is worth the risk of facilities not being fully operational or construction works happening. If you do book and there are things that you aren't happy with once arriving, I think you will find that they would transfer you to their sister property Huvafen Fushi anyway.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
141 reviews
200 helpful votes
10. Re: Niyama?

I would still like to see some updated photos of this island . Let's be honest no picture of the pool the beaches or restaurants still and they say it will be open in just over 4 weeks ...if the underwater club is not open that also means there floating restaurant also should not be open as it sits above it I thought. We have been to their sister island huvafen and thought it was lovely so am sure this will also be great which is why we chose to still go but at a later date.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.