We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

Prob doing a week in Sri Lanka or Kerala and then adding a week on in Maldives. The above islands are the two availablle ones for dates looking at

Looking at them both seem to offer same, has one got the edge over the other. Looking at Beach bungalows in Chaaya they looked a bit dated any comments please. Are they both similar size islands and which one has more beach space please. Can u use all the bars on them, do not want to end up somewhere like Kuredu with restrictions. Any advice gratefully recieved. P.S I know there are better islands but these two will most likely fit in with my hol dates so please best of the two!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

I don't know about chaaya, but I personally would give huduranfushi a miss. It's the surfers island, so unless you are into surfing or into surf type boys/girls, then I would avoid it,,,,However lots of people give it good reviews.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

Go for Dhonveli, spent a week there before I got upgraded to another island, stayed in beach bungalow 215 and was perfect 'on the beach' not set back or anything - go for it - you will love it..x

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

Thankyou froggy and toon3 very helpful. Have read through a lot of reviews and does get confusing, spammie said earlier this year Huduranfushi had some lovely beaches but then in a later report I think she said that island was ugly or did she say meed was ugly. But as we all know depends on budget and being realistic about what you can afford and expect for price.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

I think Im the only person on here to rate Hudhura' ( formerly Lohi') Cannot say what it is like post re.furb , but it does now have a decent pool if you need one. bit of reef at the end of the jetty

. We thought really pretty Island internally. bit of a banana orchard and very interesting guy in charge of growing things a series of nice little beaches to the right of the jetty. and the surf bar , where you can watch the lads doing their thing.

We also did some great dives from there. It had it all for us cannot compare it with Dhonveli , but I know both Islands get very mixed reviews. We have been to about 12 Islands and loved old lohi

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

Are these two islands similar size

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

Not sure any of them are ugly,,,it's a rough word. Just look at the pics. Meeds definitely not ugly, although the sea wall is not pretty:))

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

laughing hard here as i see this escalating into a discussion on the objective definition of "ugly" .

here is a good collection of frank pictures on the two ..

malediven.net/Bilder/…index.htm

www.malediven.net/Bilder/Dhonveli/index.htm

i am not going to say anything further because i am not a fan of either of these two islands and i would be searching for a different one to have availibility and within budget ... but then i am no surfer or else i might be looking at them totally differently. .. its the subjective thing again .. taste, expectations, preferences, etc etc...

8. Re: huduranfushi or chaaya dhinveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:19