We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the difficult third trip.....

Glasgow
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
the difficult third trip.....

Hi

My wife and I have maldived twice before, kuramathi on honeymoon (" and once in a lifetime Maldives visit") and Reethi beach the following year.

Now obviously can't wait to go back, but finding that cost is an ongoing issue.

Planning on June 2012, so off season. Can anyone recommend an island similar to Reethi ( price range and standard) but maybe a smaller island with a better reef?

Failing that, we'll be back to Reethi if we can get a good deal.

Thanks in advance

Rippady

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the difficult third trip.....

dhiggiri and maayafushi ... maaya being one of the top reefs in the maldives. dhiggiri is smaller yet , has a reef better than reethi but not as good as maaya and is one of the most picturesque islands i know.

angaga if it can squeeze into budget.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the difficult third trip.....

Hi

I would also suggest Angaga if it fits your budget.

Dhiggiri is a lovely little island but I don't think it is bookable through any UK travel agents. We tried earlier this year and drew a blank.

OD

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the difficult third trip.....

If you enjoyed Reethi, then I think you would enjoy Fihalhoi, simple nice reef and beaches.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the difficult third trip.....

sorry .. i don't know anything about UK travel agents ... but i do know that dhiggiri can be booked through expedia.co.uk , directly, or through a variety of other agents .

i second the fihalhohi suggestion and would also toss makunudu in the ring

Glasgow
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: the difficult third trip.....

Thanks all for your help. Hope to have a proper look over the festive season.

I had already thought angaga was a possibility, if slightly above what we hoped to pay. But will definitely look at your other suggestions. I love the research part!

This should give me a good start! Just want to make a good informed choice, in case its our last Maldives visit ......... for a while at least.

Cheers.

Edited: 23 December 2011, 02:53
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the difficult third trip.....

I have been to Kuramathi and Reethi. (loved Reethi) Have a look at Robinson Club. It is like an upmarket version of Reethi Beach. Nicer decor, quieter, wider beach, less crowded, restaurant and bars all with sea views, excellent house reef, better food, less erosion, but in same sort of price range. It was a less social island than Reethi though, so not really a place for entertainment or meeting new friends, if you are into that sort of thing.

Purely Maldives gave me a good quote recently because we wanted to go back in March but now going to Aus. Hopefully we will rerturn next Sep.

T23

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the difficult third trip.....

To add. Robinson Club do not do AI but bottled wine/beer/ softdrinks and water is provided with meals. So unless you are a big spirit drinker then the cost of extra drinks is not great.

8. Re: the difficult third trip.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 10:16