We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Been to the Maldives a couple of times and was happy to see loads of reasonable `flight only`deals last year, however looking on line first choice now seem to have stopped some direct flights...only now going from Gatwick??Does anyone know what`s going on...looks like Manchester - male flights are to disappear ...

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,757 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Yes that is correct.....check out this thread, the bit about Manchester flights starts at the second page.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298324-i9419-k4…

John

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Yes you are right. I brought this to the forum's attention a few monhs ago as soon as the 2013 prices came out, They are not doing winter 2012/13 except from Gatwick. I rang First Choice and they said that the flights had not been full enough to warrant them but I think it's madness. They seem to think we will all trudge down to Gatwick and so have added loads more flights from there. I for one (and hubbo of course) won't be doing that and I have heard several others on here say the same.

Etihad, Quatar or Emirates are the only options now.

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

wow...first choice they take liberties, the last male flight from manchester was bursting at the seams....they always favour the the south, looks like maldives with first choice has had it then, because I do hate the way that company dealt with our holiday arrangements last year....stubborn was not the word!!!...nothing to do with in girls in store....but head office....say no more!!!

yeap looks like a more independent way of travel is the way forward...oh yes and sad to see KLM pulling out of Liverpool ..perhaps airlines dont need / want our business??!!

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Only if we do it their way. Blame the recession, I'm afraid.

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

For the same money...next holiday,,,,we decided to book Bonaire on a DIY, complete with unlimited diving, B&B & jeep... worked out well.....but will never rule out the maldives with another airline ;-)

watch this space!

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Totally agree with Puddings sentiments regarding First Choice, they are the worst company I have come across and will not be using them again . . . I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.

Manchester
Level Contributor
555 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

We fly out Tuesday with First Choice.

Have always used them because they fly direct from Manchester but must admit the service all round has gone downhill since merging with Thomson.

Fingers crossed all goes well Tue will keep you posted, will use a different airline now they wont be wanting Northerners money.

Their loss.

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

I also won't be using them again. There's no way we are taking another two days to traipse to London and back!

Edited: 01 January 2012, 21:39
Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Hear hear.

First Choice... are you listening?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

You've got more chance of getting Wid Air off the ground before First Choice will act on, or even listen to, anything a customer says to them. That's my experience of them anyway....

Ian