We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

liverpool
Level Contributor
67 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Been to the Maldives a couple of times and was happy to see loads of reasonable `flight only`deals last year, however looking on line first choice now seem to have stopped some direct flights...only now going from Gatwick??Does anyone know what`s going on...looks like Manchester - male flights are to disappear ...

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

first choice is my last choice... always, never ever choice... too big to care

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Ian - must get back to working on that one. Had forgotten all about it ;-)

BTW while we are on the subject of the assets of various airlines, what about Jet2's current advert that shows a male passenger fast asleep in his "really comfortable seat" who then gets shoved in the shoulder by the cabin crew to wake him up? If she did that to me I'd swing for her.

Every time I see it, it gets me going.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Didn't know you were prone to air rage Wid....you best keep that under control if you're starting your own airline..

:-)

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Ian - anyone who dusturbs my hard-fought-for shut-eye on a plane risks life and limb! If he is anything like me, the poor sod had probably only just managed to doze off after hours of trying.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,241 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

There no longer being at flight from Manchester, has nothing to do with First Choice as they don't have anything to do with flights. It is the airline (Thomsons) that decide which flights are worth flying/profitable etc. First Choice can only sell the destinations that Thomsons Airlines are flying to.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

I think we knew that already but it doesn't really alter the fact that if First Choice expect us all to traipse to Gatwick for the prviledge of holidaying with them they might be in for a shock ... and yes Thomson too!

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Tell me about it, we have booked frrom Manchester to Male for 30th May, I had seen that the manchester flights had disapered of their webiste so i phone them last night to ask them if there was anything they wanted to tell me. the girl was as much use as a chocolate teapot and would not tell me anything, we are now stuck in limbo until they decide they can be bothered to confirm what is obvious that the flights have been cancelled. gatwick is not really an option for us plus the dates of the Gatwick flights dont work for us.

I wanted to comlain but it seems this has to be done by e mail and they have 7 days to reply.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

There is absolutely no way First Choice /Thomson would get a penny out of me if I had already booked a holiday from Manchester and had my confirmation only to be then told that I would have to traipse down to Gatwick if I still wanted to go. If they offerd me a replacement holiday somewhere else I would politely (not!) point out that I could go anywhere else with any number of other tour operators .... and would certainly do so.

Not only is this apalling behaviour bad for their Maldives customers but I suspect that everyone is now wary of booking to go anywhere at all with them. The newly rescued Thomas Cook, Virgin Holidays, Cosmos and others must all be rubbing their hands in glee.

Edited: 19 January 2012, 13:33
uk
Level Contributor
540 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

Like everyone else who's booked a 'summer' timetable flight to Male with FC from Manchester, our flight has been 'withdrawn'. We first discovered there was a problem from a post on this forum on Sunday. Went to the TA on Monday who clearly had no idea that anything was amiss - they made a number of calls before even they could get anywhere. Result was that the decision was made on Friday last week, we have to wait for email or letter confirming our options before we can do anything. I've already told them we won't be going with them from Gatwick or anywhere else - we're just glad we weren't going on honeymoon and feel very sorry for those that are.

liverpool
Level Contributor
67 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: first choice flights only to Male from Manchester 2012?

last year on the day of our holiday, they (first choice) sent us a txt to say our flight to male had been delayed by 23 hrs, bearing in mind we were going for 7 nights & had booked our diving they had screwed the holiday up, no apologies,...& to this day no reason... we nonetheless wanted a replacement holiday...the exact one 4months later was £350 more and they weren`t prepared to budge....in the end we accepted a full refund....we complained to head office....phone calls e-mails...don`t waste your time with these people customers are an inconvenience to them....trust me get back your money and go with someone else the frustration will make knots in your tummy & give you wrinkles